Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

No air flow from passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default No air flow from passenger side

I have a 1999 Grand Cherokee limited with dual climate control. I know my blend doors are broken. I ordered a kit from blendorstore.com. However no matter what I do I get little air flow on the passenger side. The driver side works great as far as flow goes. Ac does not work either. I just bought this Jeep a few days ago. My plan is to fix the blend doors going thru the glove box before I tackle the ac problem. So what would cause more airflow on the drivers side than the passenger side? The recirc door is in place. I think the actuator for that is starting to go but it is there. I plan to fix it in the fresh air position. Any ideas would be helpful.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default little air out of passenger side dash vents

I also have the 3 passenger dash vents not working well. I replaced the blend doors and that didn't fix it. The old doors were fine anyway. All other air modes work fine (plenty of air out passenger side floor vent, recirc works, defrost works, a/c works). I suspect a single flap or vacuum actuator is not working or obstructed but don't know for sure and don't want to take the whole dash apart if possible.