Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

new here need questions asked about 2002 grand cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default new here need questions asked about 2002 grand cherokee

Well im new here just got a 2002 grand cherokee with a 4.0l got a few questions on problems I have going on first and annoying 1 is my heat!!! I can get really warm heat on the circulation mode other modes I barely get luke warm some people said it might be the blower motor going bad cause I had it on the mode where it is coming out of the dash vents. I was getting on the highway accelerating and the heat shut off then turn on again? Also the other problem is my car shakes a lil while in park and when I put in it in gear could be transmounts going bad? also the trans is kinda bad but replaceing it really soon. So please can u guys help me out I really like this jeep hope I didn't get screwed
Old 01-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by bigb_02wj
Well im new here just got a 2002 grand cherokee with a 4.0l got a few questions on problems I have going on first and annoying 1 is my heat!!! I can get really warm heat on the circulation mode other modes I barely get luke warm some people said it might be the blower motor going bad cause I had it on the mode where it is coming out of the dash vents. I was getting on the highway accelerating and the heat shut off then turn on again? Also the other problem is my car shakes a lil while in park and when I put in it in gear could be transmounts going bad? also the trans is kinda bad but replaceing it really soon. So please can u guys help me out I really like this jeep hope I didn't get screwed

If its shaking in I say probably motor mounts . the heat maybe the blend door isn't closing
Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

I would look for a vacuum leak, it be the root cause of both problems. There should be a vacuum canister near the battery towards the front bumper, if it is cracked, it will effect the HVAC modes and could cause the engine to run a little rough.