Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Needs some help wife is worried and we have 2 young babes

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Needs some help wife is worried and we have 2 young babes

Hi guys i was told to check on this site. This might sound like a stupid question but she is panicing like no tomorrow. I have a 03 Grand cherokee overland 4.7 liter qaud drive and here is what the issue is. Today she put the vehicle in reverse and went to go back out, when she went to put it in drive she drove roughly about 20 to 30 feet and the vehicle started to slow down and rev out. She paniced right away and put her hazards on and shut the vehicle off and started it again and put it in drive and drove home roughly a km away and it worked perfect. Do you thing she might of not had it engaged in drive all the way and it popped out? Or has anyone else had a similar issue like this ?Im in camp right now and not due home for 6- to 8 weeks and when i called the shop they told me 3 to 4 weeks away. I live in a remote community and the next closest shop to me is 1200 km away. Any feed back would be great we have 2 babies and i dont want this to break down on her.

Thanks so much everyone
Old 03-16-2012, 07:38 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6

Originally Posted by bedrockbobcat
Hi guys i was told to check on this site. This might sound like a stupid question but she is panicing like no tomorrow. I have a 03 Grand cherokee overland 4.7 liter qaud drive and here is what the issue is. Today she put the vehicle in reverse and went to go back out, when she went to put it in drive she drove roughly about 20 to 30 feet and the vehicle started to slow down and rev out. She paniced right away and put her hazards on and shut the vehicle off and started it again and put it in drive and drove home roughly a km away and it worked perfect. Do you thing she might of not had it engaged in drive all the way and it popped out? Or has anyone else had a similar issue like this ?Im in camp right now and not due home for 6- to 8 weeks and when i called the shop they told me 3 to 4 weeks away. I live in a remote community and the next closest shop to me is 1200 km away. Any feed back would be great we have 2 babies and i dont want this to break down on her.

Thanks so much everyone
May need a tranny fluid change, or a tune up. Sometimes mine will act up if i slam on the breaks or go fast in reverse.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 PM

It may be the security system acting up. I had an '01wj laredo, and sometimes it wouldn't get along with one of the keys. It would act as you describe and other times it would die in park.