Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

misc. wiring problems 94 grand

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default misc. wiring problems 94 grand

This is my 2nd thread. I have a 94 jeep grand cherokee limited with the 5.2 that I bought as a fixer upper basically. It had a bad tranny. I have some wiring issues i believe so heres what I need to get fixed.

problem numero 1:
Only my drivers side window will roll down. The others do not try to even go down, no noises, no nothing, they seem like they are not getting power? I know my drivers switch is good, and I have tried the window locks.

problem numero 2:
I put in an aftermarked cd player. It kept turning off at random times. I finally figured out that it was my power wire. It had a short in it i guess and was grounding out. I rand a wire over to my fuse box, and connected it to the bigger 30 amp fuse. Not the little bitty ones, but the 1 normal size fuse. Ever since then it powered on fine. At the time when I wired this up there was no tranny in it yet. After I put my tranny in and started it up i was going down the road and went to turn it on. It turns on but no sound.

I know that the power antenna (blue wire) has to be connected, it turns the factory amp on. I have the infinity gold with the built in amp. I don't know if the amp is not turning on or what. I checked all the fuses at the pass side when you open the door and they are all good. I'm not sure how to test the factory amp, or how to see if its getting power or what. Im fixing to rip the amp out and run new wires to the speakers and go without the amp.

problem numero 3:
I don't have a remote for my grand and if you press the lock button and later come unlock it with the key in the drivers door the alarm will go off. I don't have a horn, but all my lights blink. So if i lock my doors with the lock button and use my key in the drivers door to unlock it will activate the alarm. I have to get out and put the key in my hatch and turn it back and forth to disable it. Its a pain in the butt. Is there a fuse I can pull to disable it?

I think thats it for right now.
Thanks in advance.