Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Looking for a reputable place to purchase a 3-core Radiator on line.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Looking for a reputable place to purchase a 3-core Radiator on line.

Hello ya’ll,

Per some of the issues I've been having with my jeep heating up real fast during operation it has been suggested that I purchase a 3- core radiator. It has been suggested that I try Radiators.com. I looked on both Radiators.com and Radiator.com. Both sites have the same set up. After you select you Make model you are directed to a page with a built in chat window instead of a parts list page (like most other sites I've visited). I went to both sites and the chat discussions were exactally the same way verbatium accept the guys name was different (see below - read "The Chat" from the bottom up) and it seems kind of fishy as they provide 0 part numbers and both sites say the "Cherokee is a tricky model." the do not state any thing else about how many cores it had or any thing.

Has any one here bought radiators form them?

Is there a more reputable (less shady) place to purchase a 3-core Radiator on line?

--------------------------------------------------
The Chat
--------------------------------------------------

Dwight : Thank you. We'll always be here whether you need a radiator or just free advice. You can call us if you prefer at 800-395-3889. Bye!

You : Candi.

Dwight : No problem-- We've been here 20 years, and aren't satisfied till you are. If you'd like, I can put a note in our system, so if you decide to make us your last call, we'll know to beat any price you find. What's your first name?
You : Thaks ok. I just wanted a price.. Is 299 for the 3 core
Dwight : I could sell this to you but the '94 was a little tricky. Your best bet is speaking to Murray, our lead Jeep technician (or one of his techs), - he usually figures out the right radiator the first time. He's on the phone now but I can have him call you back in a minute - what's your phone number and the area code?

Dwight : There are a couple of different radiators, ranging in price between $131.87 and $299.00. All run about 1/3 what the dealer charges. Hold on --

Dwight : Good. We deliver into Spring every day, so we can get that part out to you as soon as you need it. Let me pull up the price here--

You : currently im just gathering information. Im not in a hurry. zip 77379

Dwight : Your price is coming. Looks like that '94 is a really complicated fit. I'll just quote you the most likely 1 of the 3 possible parts -- Or you're welcome to talk to one of our Jeep techs to be 100% sure. What's your zip code and how soon would you need it?

You : just the part

Dwight : good. We carry top quality aftermarket suppliers. Do you want quotes on just the radiator -- or installation too?

You : Im actually looking for a quote on a high preformance 3 core radiator

Dwight : OK. Would you prefer quotes on an OE certified or aftermarket radiator?

You : 4.0 L I6

Dwight : Do you know the engine size of your 1994 Jeep ?

You : 1994 4.0 L I6

Dwight : What year is your Jeep ?

You :

Dwight : What model and year Jeep do you have?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

It doesnt get any more reputable than from www.dpgoffroad.com. Dirk is a Christian and a very good resource for Jeep owners.

He carries the CSF all metal 3 core rads that many have bought and swear by.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0l l6 power tech

I dont know if i would use them. I want to put a 3-row radiator in also. after looking around I think DPG off-road (dpgoff-road.com) will be the one I go with I hope this helps.