Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Lifting my WJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Lifting my WJ

Hey guys, as soon as possible I wanna jack up my WJ. Unfortunately, my knowledge doesn't go that far, but I do plan to do the work myself. I'm taking autobody classes and real anxious to get to the mechanics module where I'll learn suspension

I read through this post https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f52/how-lift-wj-994/ and it helped a lot but left me with a couple questions, specifically the recommended suspension components.

Me jeep is my DD and if something is recommended with the lift, I'd feel the need to buy it to keep her top shape. Anyway, I've decided on iron rock offroad's, either 3" or 4" lift kit. http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFW

So say the 3" lift, front sway bar links, a steering stabilizer and rear sway bar is all not included with the kit but recommended in the write up. I'd have to buy these all separately ,right? Same thing with the 4" kit, I'd have to buy everything that's recommended and a steering stabilizer.

Yeah, I know my question sounded kinda stupid
Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

i've been running the IROR 4" basic kit for awhile and it's real quality stuff,the kit comes with everything you need to give you a "basic" 4" lift. You can upgrade left and right but it will get expensive,the only upgrades i got were shocks (to run 33's) and a SS. Bear in mind 4" is at the limits of the stock arms and while mine drives smooth the ride will be a little stiffer.

heres how mine looked a little while ago,it's currently undergoing a few changes,i'll post some pics when its done

Old 03-23-2009, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

That looks awesome! So basically you got the 4" lift kit, a steering stabilizer and shocks. Did you just upgrade the shocks from iro?"*Upgrade to Doetsch Tech 8000 shocks with integrated bump stops for $59.99"

Because it comes with hydro shocks, no? And 33's must rub a lot?

Old 03-23-2009, 09:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

thanks....yup,just upgraded to the DT 8000's and got a new SS. Actually with the stock wheels there was only a tiny bit of trimming to do on the bottom of the front bumper and they just barely rubbed at full lock, HOWEVER, i'm in the midst of doing alot more trimming because i got some cragar soft 8's w/2" less back spacing and i couldn't even turn the wheel they rubbed so bad,but i about got it taken of and will put some pics up in a couple days