Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Leaking AGAIN! Grrrrr....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2005
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: V8
Default Leaking AGAIN! Grrrrr....

So snow froze on the roof of the GC last night, and when it started to melt today, it got INTO the truck. It ran down the A-pillar and dripped into the speaker on the dash. It dripped on the driver's seat. It dripped into the compartment on the driver's door. And it SOMEHOW ran into the pocket on the dash left of the steering wheel.

Took it to CARMAX, who until now treated us very well, and told them it was leaking again. This time, they said they couldn't see us right now (too busy/short-handed), and that we needed to blow out the sun roof drain tube to clear it. They said that was OUR job, that it was considered MAINTENANCE and not a warranty issue, because we shouldn't be letting our drain get clogged. And that there was a hole inside the left fender that we needed to force compressed air into to clear it.

Uh...bull****. I looked and could NOT find a drain hole in the fender. There is NO drain hole there for me to force air into. And according to TSB 23-050-04, there are several possible causes, including the PINCHED OR COLLAPSED drain tube (would be THEIR fault for installing it wrong), a body sealer void, a windshield sealer void, and a restricted REAR sunroof drain.

This has truly pissed me off and I am going to rip CARMAX a new bunghole for it, but for now, I want some expert opinions -- which cause do you think is the root of our leak problems? Any ideas welcome. PLEASE.