Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

I dont know what else to do!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Angry I dont know what else to do!!

It seems like things for my Jeep is getting worse so I'm hoping someone can help as much as possible! My car is a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The engine light came on and as soon as it did, I got it checked out and it read the problem was the Camshaft sensor. I drove home and it started misfiring fairly bad. I took it to get fixed and after an hour of having the car back the engine light came on again and the misfiring continued. This time it read codes for the coil and a few codes of misfiring. I then replaced the coil and the engine light was off, the car seemed as if the issue was solved until I drove it for half hour and the car started to misfire really bad.. I was about 10 minutes from home so I turned back from my errands to go home. As I was going home the car then started to shut off whenever I was idle at a red light or stop sign. Unless I'm pressing on the gas the car shuts off. Later in the day, I got the engine light read again and it came up as the Camshaft sensor again so I replaced the camshaft but that was obviously not the issue because the Camshaft is new. I'm not sure what to do anymore. What could this issue be?
Old 03-29-2015, 12:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

Take it to a Jeep dealer. You will save money in the long run and the chances of having it repaired correctly are better than throwing parts at it.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: v8

I know that this sounds counterintuitive, but try this first:

remove BOTH battery terminals and clean the posts as well as the inside of the terminals with sandpaper or something else that will get them back to "shiny".

Re-attach, drive, and report back.