Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

How do i remove the front driveshaft on my Jeep ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default How do i remove the front driveshaft on my Jeep ?

My Jeep has a pretty moderate leak from the Neutral Safty Switch that goes into the transmission right above the pan and next to the front drive shaft.

Basicly i bought the Jeep knowing it had a leak from this module and since i replaced the output speed sensor which is basicly the same size switch i thought itd be easy to do.. However its becoming a royal pain in ***, no matter what i try i cant get the switch to unscrew. It takes a 1 inch long socket. I cant get that much leverage due to the front drive shaft being in the way.

I suspect as someone mentioned on another forum that whoever put the switch in before probably used some red locktit on it also.

Anyway, how do i remove the front drive shaft on my Jeep ? I have a 1998 5.9 with Quadra Trac.

Here is a picture of the switch im talking about, you can ever see the red ATF dripping from the disconnected wire harness, and if you look closesly you can see the red on the actuall switch running down