Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Help someone..anyone..please

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Unhappy Help someone..anyone..please

Hey guys..sorry for being so persistent, but i am leaving for a road trip in a couple days and Im gonna need my power outlet fixed for gps purposes..the battery outlet (on the right) stopped working after i overloaded it with a portable air compressor. Ive checked all my fuses and still does not work..im not even sure where exactly the fuse would be if it were blown..fuse box under steering column or one of the two under my hood? and if they all are good do i have to replace the entire plug?..meaning having to remove the center dash bezel??

any info would be greatly appreciated..been trying to fix this for months now..
Old 06-28-2011, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuses

Are you simply looking at them to tell whether they are good or not? I just changed one for my turn signals and it looked okay but was actually bad. Check them with a multimeter to make sure they are good. If all fuses check out good then you probably melted the contacts on the inside of the socket and will have to replace or buy an add on type and wire it in.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Look at this for the fuse Info. >->http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_fuses.htm
Look ii the Power Distribution Center, there's 2 in there marked Power Outlets.
I'd say if that's not it you've shorted out the harness near the plug/outlet. Check for any brittle spots in the harness. JMO of course.