Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Help..battery/electrical/starter/alternator

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Help..battery/electrical/starter/alternator

Hey there,

I went to my car this morning, both of my keys would not electronically unlock the doors. I called the dealer he said to disconnect the battery for 5 mins. I did that and it worked but than the clock would not go on and the jeep would not start. Jeep is a 4.7 2006 wk laredo.

A few days ago I was also getting supposedly garbage signals tgat transmission was over temp. We checked, it wasn't. When I started the jeep now it did a noise for 5 seconds like a small whistle...it would not start. All this could have started a few weeks ago when I gave a friend a 10 minute boost. ..the day after I got that tranny message...what could it be now...im waiting for a tow truck. Thanks
Old 07-03-2014, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

I had it towed, and all electicals checked, it ended up just needing a battery charge! Probably was drained trying to start a friend's dead battery fir 10 mins. It costed 200$ including the tow and another 220 to my crappy dealer. When I brought it to the dealer I asked for the transmission over temp message to be checked, an oil change and an all around inspection. Well they forgot the inspection even though I told the transmission to check the battery. Instead they did a cooler line flush which revealed nothing. Should I call the dealer and speak to management? If they had nit forgotten the normal inspection this would not have happened as they would have seen the battery was drained?