Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

help adding factory driving lights to a WK that did not come with them.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default help adding factory driving lights to a WK that did not come with them.

Hello all,

I would like to add fog lights to my WK. There were no factory lights. I found the lights online pretty cheap. I have located the harness. But I need to turn them on. So I have 2 ideas so far, but i'm open to others.

Get a switch for them? I would like that factory look, so that means the blinker stick thingy needs to get replced.. (someone please tell me what its called???) If I knew the rely name, i might be able to find it online. But it might be costly and not worth it. Do you think a junk yard will have any jeep this new in them?

I was thinking I could just use the existing switch and mod it a bit to have it turn on the fog lights when I turn on the head lights. I will have to take a look at it. Maybe someone already has some insight on it? Sounds as easy as Jumping a wire but again.. I might be wrong

Also, I know I need a relay and a fuse, also I herd I might need something in the computer programed to see the new switch? that doesn't sound right to me..
Old 07-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 95
Engine: 4.0

I not sure that only replacing the and the book calls it Multi function swicth will do the trick you may not have the right connection down there to make it all work.

The easy thing to do is install its own seperate switch you can buy some very nice factory looking switches

I put a seperate switch on mine for some off road light that i have and i put the switch on the dash down on the left of steering column and it turn out really nice.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Actually now that I think about it I could just jump the headlight relay to the fog-light relay trigger.. I think...