Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Hazards and Flashers not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Question Hazards and Flashers not working

Hello everyone!

I have been doing tons of research online and I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. So I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 6cyl 4.0l 4WD Automatic. Recently I changed my header panel and lights because the old header panel was wrecked (by previous owner). So afterwards my lights worked perfectly, the next day though neither my blinkers or hazards will turn on, but my regular lights will. So I went to autozone and bought 15 amp fuses because I assumed the fuse may have blown. As soon as I stuck the new fuse in it blew! So a friend of mine told me to try a 20 amp and see what happens. The 20 amp got my blinkers and hazards to come back on but the left blinker was blinking extremely fast, and then blew the 20 amp fuse. So now I am confused as hell. As a side note when I first installed my header panel for some reason the left blinker dash light was stuck on when my headlights would be on, but I rearranged the cords and the lights were acting right until about 5 days later when all the blinkers and hazards went out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee(WJ)
Engine: 4.0/4.7

How did the wiring look for the lights after the accident? Almost seems as though something is maybe pinched off somewhere. Hard to say for sure but I'd assume that it's likely related to the damage done, depending on the severity of the accident.