Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Cruise control issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Cruise control issues

Hello everyone! This is my first post on Cherokee Forums. I have tried and tried to find the answer on Jeepforum.com and have had zero luck. My cruise control has been acting up for months since I bought my 06 wk Laredo. Whenever I try and initiate the cruise control, the cruise light comes on, but when I hit "set" the cruise light goes off and stays off until the next time I start my car. I have replaced a bad wheel sensor, and a brake light switch, both of which I had codes for. Nothing has fixed this problem, and I am trying to avoid the dealership if possible. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of where to go from here?

Thanks for your time,
Paul
Old 03-19-2016, 10:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L

Strangely enough, I had and probably still have a similar condition intermittently, that seems to follow damp spells or after sitting unused for several days. I found a youtube video through this forum where a guy showed a work-around trick. I tried it and it worked for me on a couple of occasions. When applying the c/c "SET" he would also hit his right turn signal for a blink or two. I don't recall the exact sequence before or after but if you fiddle with it you may find that you have made it work again until next time. Mystery not solved but at-least a possible temporary working solution...