Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

AC issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default AC issues

It gets cool at best and not all the vents blow strong. And sometimes it gets better as far as blowing if you toggle the **** like from winshield to vents or floor to vents. Also the Freon is within good range, why isn't it colder? anything I can check? Its a 2003 grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0
Old 10-11-2014, 01:43 AM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 H.O.

Originally Posted by MNOE
It gets cool at best and not all the vents blow strong. And sometimes it gets better as far as blowing if you toggle the **** like from winshield to vents or floor to vents. Also the Freon is within good range, why isn't it colder? anything I can check? Its a 2003 grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0
How do you know the Freon is in good range, are you using a set of low & high pressure gauges to read the freon pressure?

A far as the vents, does it have Automatic Zone control? if it does, these newer Jeeps have major issues with the blend doors.

My 91 Cherokee Laredo will put icicles on you nipples with the A/C on and burn your feet with the heat on.

My 2000 Grand Cherokee SUCKS to say the least in A/C or heat mode. I have worked on several of my friends 1999 thru 2003 G.C.'s and all of there's sucks just as bad as mine does in the blowing department. I personally think there is flaw in the ducting and they don't blow worth beans. I have also removed the entire dash and the entire heater box to re-place all my blend doors and actuators, and NOTHING has helped how hard the fan does not blow. The fan is turning its little but off, but i just does not get out of the vents.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by maddogs1965
How do you know the Freon is in good range, are you using a set of low & high pressure gauges to read the freon pressure?

A far as the vents, does it have Automatic Zone control? if it does, these newer Jeeps have major issues with the blend doors.

My 91 Cherokee Laredo will put icicles on you nipples with the A/C on and burn your feet with the heat on.

My 2000 Grand Cherokee SUCKS to say the least in A/C or heat mode. I have worked on several of my friends 1999 thru 2003 G.C.'s and all of there's sucks just as bad as mine does in the blowing department. I personally think there is flaw in the ducting and they don't blow worth beans. I have also removed the entire dash and the entire heater box to re-place all my blend doors and actuators, and NOTHING has helped how hard the fan does not blow. The fan is turning its little but off, but i just does not get out of the vents.
I used the low side guage that comes with a refill can and it shows a little low but still in good range. And yea I thought maybe the blower was clogged so I removed it yesterday but found no debri inside. Just seems like certain vents don't blow hard.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:54 AM

what is automatic zone control?