Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

97 gran cherokee radio help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 97 gran cherokee radio help

Hi all,

Looking for information on a project.

I would like to replace the stock radio in the 97 with a later model radio from jeep.

Does anyone know if the later models will work in mine with light modification. Ideally it would have Bluetooth but a deal breaker.

I look at a newer 07 sahara and it looked like a double din size and had the phone features and aux for iPod.

Thanks for your help
Jon
Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Jonbeattie
Hi all,

Looking for information on a project.

I would like to replace the stock radio in the 97 with a later model radio from jeep.

Does anyone know if the later models will work in mine with light modification. Ideally it would have Bluetooth but a deal breaker.

I look at a newer 07 sahara and it looked like a double din size and had the phone features and aux for iPod.

Thanks for your help
Jon
ok, when you say later do you mean latest as in newest? if so then you should check out this website---> http://www.crutchfield.com/

all you have to do is out your jeeps information (aka Jeep, Grand Cherokee, 1997, and i own a Cherokee sport so idk if a zj has an infinity bar option) then they will give you a list of oh lets say....300-400 speakers, 200-300 radios (aux and Bluetooth options available), and anything else you may need to bump the sound in your jeep. and the best part, they give you an installation manual and instillation parts for FREE

Enjoy =)