Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

2011 GC UConnect Problems w IPhone

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2011
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 3.7 Pentastar
Default 2011 GC UConnect Problems w IPhone

Have a new GC w/ UConnect system. The UConnect system works with the phone but there are a few very annoying bugs.
1) No caller ID. The UConnect screen just says "Incoming Call". Very frustrating.
2) Phone book uploads but there is absolutely no interface with the UConnect system and screen. Meaning I cannot see or pull up any contacts on the screen. I am limited to only using the VERY slow voice command system or fiddling with my Iphone to call people.
3) There does not seem to be anyway to dial from the UConnect screen.

I have called Jeep, Chrysler and UConnect and they all keep referring me back to each other to discuss the issue. Very frustrating.

Does anyone have any idea if there is some kind of Iphone / Uconnect integration issue and if so, what can I do about it or better yet, what can the dealer do about it.

Thanks.

Will O
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 AM

Model: Cherokee
Default Additional UConnect problems

I agree with the problems that Will mentioned, and I hope to have those solved with a system update (from what my jeep dealer told me). That would involve bringing the car in for them to update the computer panel with a new operating system.

Among the problems that were previously written I have a couple more to add to Will's list. When I place a call, even though I choose to make my calls through my phone (iPhone 4), the UConnect in my Jeep (Cherokee Overland Summit) will override my selection and play through my car speakers. I often have to select "iPhone" three or four times while the call is being placed and even then, the UConnect will randomly transfer the call over to the speakers in the car.

I have also found that the option to stream music from my iPhone through UConnect is spotty, at best. Sometimes it works like a charm. Other times the screen in my jeep just says (in red letters) "Device Failed." There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to when it works and when it doesn't.

Does anyone else have these problems? Am I missing something? I love my car and my phone, but the two just aren't getting along!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by jkmwoodham

Does anyone else have these problems? Am I missing something? I love my car and my phone, but the two just aren't getting along!

I have a 2007 GC Overland, and the same issues are present in it also. FWIW ... we own a Ford Flex with Ford's SYNC (Microsoft product) that is light-years ahead of the Jeep system. While I love my Jeep, and will continue to drive Jeeps if the funds allow, I do wish that they would improve/replace the U-Connect system.