Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

2006 Loredo AC problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 2006 Loredo AC problem

I have a 2006 Loredo. The AC blows hot on the passenger side and rear. I have already studied well on the blend door problems of the older model Grand Cherokee. I have found nothing on the internet that tells me the the later model has any problem with the blend doors. I took a look behind the glove box and Jeep has made big improvements on the Heater Theater. Any ideas why my 2006 would blow hot on the passenger side and rear only?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 07:18 AM

Year: 2006
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 3.7

I have the same problem with my 2006 Grand Cherokee, I've been searching for answers myself, let me know if you find a solution to the problem, and I'll do the same for you, thanks...
Old 06-02-2011, 05:54 PM

Update to my problem, I ended up replacing the AC / Heater control and I also added some R134 to the system and I think I may have fixed the problem, everything appears to be working as it should. But I also got the following info from a repair tech at my local Jeep dealer. He said the older models, 2004 and back, had major problems with the blend doors, but to his knowledge not ours. He said it sounds like it could be the head unit itself or a broken rod connecting the blend doors or possibly a blend door, even though you dont have dual temp it has two doors on one rod and actuator.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Model: Cherokee

Let me know if changing the control fixed the problem. If it does, how did you find out that was the problem?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2011, 06:10 PM

Let me know if changing the control fixed the problem. If it does, how did you find out that was the problem?

Thanks

The only reason I replaced the AC control is because the lights on the unit iteslf quit working. I was told that the lights on the unit are NOT servicable, and the only way to fix the problem is to replace the control unit, thus the reason for replacing the control unit.
It worked great for about a week, but now it is doing the same thing. I checked the R134 pressure and it has dropped back down to about 15 lbs, I'm guessing I have a major leak in the system somewhere, so I will be headed to the repair shop and have them do an AC system check for leaks.... bummer, thought I had the problemed solved...

Hope you have better luck than me getting your problem fixed...
Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 PM

I found some info on other Jeep forums and message boards, you might want to try the following calibration test / program.
This may solve your problem... plus you might want to check your system and see if it is low on R134...

Door calibration function for MTC system as per Chrysler service manual.

1. Turn the ignition to the ON position.
2. Turn the blower motor control to the OFF position.
3. Press and hold the EBL “rear window defrost” switch down and turn the blower motor control on. Continue to hold the EBL switch down until the EBL status indicator begins flashing, then release the mode switch. While the test / function is running the EBL status indicator will flash once per second. If the test / function passes, the EBL status indicator will stop flashing. If the test / function fail, the A/C and EBL status indicators will flash alternately.