Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

1995 grand cherokee alarm issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 1995 grand cherokee alarm issue

Okay so i apologize in advance this may be long but i have a bit to explain...so i am looking at a 1995 jeep grand cherokee but there is an issue with the alarm...first off though the owner lost the keys so i took apart the ignition and now u have to start the vehicle with a screw driver...and i dont know if that has something to do with it...we tried grounding the purple/yellow wire and pulling the fuses and now we can get the vehicle to fire but it will not get any fuel...but it did stop the light from flashing and everything anyway...when we checked the injectors there was air pressure so i dont know if the fuel pump is shot or if it just isnt working because of the alarm system shutting off the fuel supply... and i also read that the alarm module is behind the glovebox but the vehicle supposedely has to be running when u unplug it because of some stored memory and its not getting fuel so obviously will not run...can somebody tho please help with some info or troubleshooting because i can get a ridiculously good deal on this and i dont wanna pass it up because of what could possibly be a simple issue...once again sorry for length but i wanted to make sure i explained all the things we have already tried