Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

1994 JGC Sport - No power windows, door locks, radio.. HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 1994 JGC Sport - No power windows, door locks, radio.. HELP!!

Ok, so a few days ago, my power windows stopped working. It has something to do with the master control switch on the drivers door. I removed the panel and disconnected the wiring harness. I figured out that if i take two wires and jump the + and - on the harness i can roll my windows up and down. I've been doing this for a few days until i can get the part ordered. Yesterday, i accidentally shorted the wires and now i have no power to the windows, door locks radio or rear wipers. I do have power to the dash instruments, cigar lighter, rear defogger and headlights. I did this once before and it turned out to be just a fuse. I checked said fuse again and it's fine. I have since changed all the fuses in the box and its still not working. Is there some kind of relay that would control these functions? What am i missing here, any ideas? I also changed the fuse in the radio.

Edit: Does anyone happen to have a fuse box diagram for this make/model. I've been eyeballing the fuses to figure out which ones were bad. It would be very helpful to see if i'm checking the correct fuse and also to see if i have the right amperage of fuse in there.

Last edited by Dainger; 10-03-2010 at 01:22 PM.