Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

09 Grand Cherokee (no start)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 09 Grand Cherokee (no start)

Old guy here again , need some help.09 Grand Cherokee 3.7... 3 times in the past week I have a no start (no turn over ). . New battery, new battery in keyfob. turn the key , all dash lights come , can hear some relays click, no noise at starter....Just picked up my 94 yr. old mother from the hospital and it did it again..... last time the guys at the hospital tried jumping it and nothing, got in it a few minutes later and it started …. Where do I start looking ???? I'm a fair mechanic but when it comes to this new electronic stuff I'm lost....Any help would be great..... can't afford to call the jeep dealer right now...… Its sitting in the parking lot at the hospital right now...….. Thanks

FIXED , all it was was the yellow wire spade connector on solenoid . Just wondering how many starters have been changed because of this .
Wiggled it and everything was fine , in the spring i'll repair it like it should be , right now its 10 below with 2 ft. of snow.
My wife has been taking it to work everyday until hers is fixed . She hit a deer with her new Cherokee . ($7400. worth of damage)

Last edited by ken1950; 02-03-2019 at 10:30 AM.