Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

06 GC Not starting, has no power to anything.....help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 06 GC Not starting, has no power to anything.....help

I have an 06 Grand Cherokee with the 6cyl. Today my wife called and said when she went out to start it, it would not start and did not have power to anything. She had to unlock it with the key as the keyless didn't work, and no lights, dash, radio or anything lights up. She said that when she removed the key from the ignition it made a clicking noise and would stop once she put the key back in, I could not get it to reproduce the sound when I got home. If the battery was dead I would think it would have a little bit of juice to light a light or something, but some cars react differently do weak batterys, I had a dakota that would go nuts if the batter was on its last leg.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Also there was a check engine light that came on just the other day. Also it snowed 2 feet here today so I dont know if that could have any affect on it.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6

It sounds like a battery to me. It's an '06 - so probably the OEM battery - which only have about a 5 year life span. I would start there, you can disconnect your battery, take it to a mechanic or Auto Zone/Advance Auto/NAPA/CarQuest any place like that and they can test your battery. Also, if your battery is bad, you want to make sure that your alternator is okay too. Sometimes if one goes bad the other can too. Just something to be aware of.