Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weekend wheeler and still driveable

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: i6
Default weekend wheeler and still driveable

OK! so heres the story
i have a 1995 cherokee sport . my dad bought it for me for 2500.
it had 173,xxx roughly when i got it. and it was great. it runs awesome. and wasnt a total **** box like my old wrangler..

so long story short.. a year and a half later and one eagle scout project that was 60+ miles away.every weekend for 2 months. as it stands now
it now has 195,xxx plus and i still drive it everyday.
i have replaced the IAC, and a few small other things.
but as it stands now. i am finally ready to take the plunge and start doing some work..

so heres my plans, i am still in college. so i dont have a ton of cash and am not working.
o and Roush creek is like 2 hours away. so thats where i probably wheel
but as it starts :

a friend of mine lifted his cherokee and had some Rough Country AALs layind around in his shop. so after he wrecked his cherokee.and sold it i asked him if they would sell them and BAM! he gave them to me
so i have i think 2 inch rough country AAL for the back
and i had ordered off of amazon a 3 inch budget boost for the front. so i from what i heard it should be roughly level. another friend of mines dad whos into this stuff said that . i should be level because my leaf springs are so shot itll kinda high. i dont really want it to be unbelieveably high. i want it so i can drive it down to roush creek on the weekends, then go to class during the week,

so i dk where i have to go from here. so i guess i will pose a question
1. since im lifting the front 3 inches . am i going to need to change anything else ?(sway bar links. control arms, transfercae drop)?
i will try to get up pictures tommorow if theres any thing people wanna say im open to everything,