Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Swamp Thing" build

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default "Swamp Thing" build

Well im new to the jeep world, i'm picking up my first cherokee in the next week or 2 here, depends on when i can get the time to go get it! Its a 94 with the 4.0 motor and about 115k on it for $800. I don't really know much more about it at the moment.
Once i do actually pick it up, i plan to park it in the barn and start going to town on it! I've got some big plans for the cherokee, i want something that i can drive as a daily driver, but be able to turn off road at anytime and have no worries about getting stuck. Im gonna be running 31" baja's and am planning on a 3" lift and doing some minor trimming. I'll be running a 12000lbs recovery winch in the front, with dual 4000lbs winches in the rear. I have a few other things in mind, but haven't really settled on what for sure yet.
My first question: What would you all recommend as a cost effective way to increase the power with out doing major motor mods? I've looked at a few chips, and plan to get a snorkle intake, and custom exaust for starters, but is there anything else out there?
My second question: Whats the best and easiest product to protect against rust and chipping, something like a rhino linning?

Anyways, i'll get pics of the cherokee as soon as i get it in hand and will keep updated pics of the progress as i go! Also, anyone from the UP of michigan, or northern wisconsin hit me up! I'm some what new to the area and am looking for some wheeling buddies!