Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PROJECT46

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 03:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 93
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default PROJECT46

Whats up guys ive had a 93 grand cherokee (zj) for a couple months now. Decided to start a build thread because i am upgrading everything that needs to be fixed as i go. It has the inline 6 4.0, dana 30 in the front,dana 35 in the rear with 231 transfer case, It Has a 4 inch lift and 32 inch tires. It is a leak bucket that ive been tryin to tame along with a few other problems lol. Changed the trans pan gasket and filter, along with the oil pan gasket and a few leaky sensors. Still more that needs to be done getting to it slowly but surely. Welcome to PROJECT46.

Last edited by Lickwid46_zj; 05-15-2016 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:25 AM

Noticed this sound a couple weeks ago like a ticking when i would coast so i lifted her up n took a look and the bushing on the brake calipur was shot and this cheap **** that i got the jeep from decided instead of buying the $6 bushing to do the job right ima just wrap electrical tape around the bolt till it held everything still but why go threw all the trouble and labor to cheat ur self and your ride over $6 smh i dont under stand some ppl. Any ways got it all changed out and put back together no more ticking noise.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:45 PM

Need to replace my motor mounts and didnt wanna go with stock ones cause they suck and the only ppl i found that make ugraded motor mounts for the ZJ is Iron Man 4x4 Fab. The guy runnin the show is great answered all the questions i had. Go check them out

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Products/MM.html

Old 05-15-2016, 08:48 PM

Holy crap i needed those really bad lol i cant imagine how long the guy that owned this jeep befor me drove with it this way. Good thing i got me some polys 😎😎

Old 05-15-2016, 08:51 PM

Got both the motor mounts on and lined up

Old 05-15-2016, 08:55 PM

Tranny mount didnt fit the cross member on my zj gotta get the other cross member and bracket off a later year zj from the junk yard stay tuned.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:01 PM

Heres how it came when i bought it. Im tellin u guys the previous owner had a thing for electrical tape lol smh probably not suckin too much air im pretty sure its gotta be leakin from that electrical tape some where and what litte air it is suckin threw is hot af.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:22 PM

Upgraded to a K&N high performance air intake took that ****ty mickey moused one out and i can really notice the difference in throttle response i feel like its running alot smoother now that its actually getting some air, some cool air instead of hot and it accelerates alot better than what it was. Iam very pleased with it, I got this air intake from Morris 4x4 Center i tried picking it up localy from 4 wheel parts i checked there website and seen they had this exact one i went down there and even tho it was on there web site they do not carry it and its discontinued or so they said. every time i go into 4 wheel parts with money in my pocket i usually walk out of that place empty handed. i get the feeling they dont want my business by the way they pass me off on the stuff im looking for and trying to buy. So thanks Morris 4x4 for taking care of my air intake needs. If you havent done so already go check them out.

http://www.morris4x4center.com/high-...kn-571520.html

Old 05-20-2016, 05:21 AM

Was driving her home today n a few lights befor i get to my house the tanny return line decided to blow off on me at the light. I was on an up hill slope n this bish is heavy af to push got her off the road n cut the end of the hose n tightened it up and luckily i had about 3 1/2 quarts of tranny fluid in the car. Talk about a close one lol

Old 05-20-2016, 06:05 AM
Beach Bum

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000 WJ
Model: Grand Cherokee

Need a bubble flare on that hard line to prevent hose from slipping. Otherwise clean off the ATF good and use two hose clamps.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ZJ. Glad you are getting the issues worked out. Sometimes previous owners don't care or don't want to spend money to fix things the right way. Why do people rig something up to have to fix it again later when they could have fixed it right the first time.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by SteveMongr
Need a bubble flare on that hard line to prevent hose from slipping. Otherwise clean off the ATF good and use two hose clamps.
Thanks for the input ill look into that the other receiving line looks like its gunna need replacing soon too it looks a lil stretched out n has some cracks
Old 05-21-2016, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Waterlogd2005
Nice ZJ. Glad you are getting the issues worked out. Sometimes previous owners don't care or don't want to spend money to fix things the right way. Why do people rig something up to have to fix it again later when they could have fixed it right the first time.
Thanks a work in progress it'll get there tho. Man thats the same way feel about it when u do stuff like that ur ride ur sellin ur self short
Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 AM

Found this transfer case skid plate on a zj at the junk yard today so i snagged it up

Grabbed this center council lid too i was missing mine

Found the missing moulding too

But most importantly i grabbed the trany crossmember and trany mount bracket that i needed to install my iron man 4x4 poly mount

Time to degrease everything paint and install
Old 05-26-2016, 06:59 AM

I also found a few zj's with rear disc brake set up ima go back for too

Quick Reply: PROJECT46