Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

project roughneck

Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 92
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default project roughneck

I guess thats the nickname I'm going with since this build for me is all about bulletproof reliability as compared to lifts and such. Nothing against that im just not too impressed by the show as much as just knowing i don't have to sweat it if i have to go to the grocery store to pick up supplies during a blizzard... in 4 ft snow drifts... with ice underneath... and in a zombie wasteland. LOL Thats the kind of guy I am id rather just know i can handle anything the best i can if it come to it. Anyways, back to the build.

I'm starting out with a 92' xj, 160,xxx miles, 4.0, commndtrac, d30/d35, AT. Pretty standard start, bought it from my grandparents for 1500. driven very gingerly most of its life... time for the molestation, this cheerleaders bout to meet the foul mouthed bad boy in the leather jacket.
I wont have pics tonight but seeing as i can't sleep and its 2am ill just type this up now, bc today im full on fabshop on this project. Already i have a gibson header and a generic grill guard i bought off of craigslist for 80 bucks total. grill guards on but header will have to wait til i get the injectors i want seeing as i can combine those two into one weekend project. today im picking up a set of 15x7 wagon rims for 60 bucks and am going to be painting those gray with the hammered finish from rustoleum. Eventually those will be getting cooper discoverer st's or cooper at/3's in 235-245/75/r15s.

The grill guard will also be getting paint and quite a few custom touches to up the fortifacation to deep ditches we are famous for having in south eastern MI (6-7ft). Im welding 3/16in plate to it over the center to help protect grille/radiator, and adding rebar backing to the headlight guards. and also adding front fender guards just in case i might slide into a beemer in the walmart parking lot dont want to mess up my paint! also in a couple weeks im going to order some warrior rear qaurter panel armor. Thast all for now i'll have pics later today to show progress. That is all

Last edited by trench_fighter; 01-07-2012 at 01:31 AM.