Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Fighting Irish

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 02:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Fighting Irish

Back ground: 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country, rust free for the most part and in pretty good shape. Ax-15 NP231 c8.25 27 spline. I plan to paint her next summer, 3" lift, 33x12.5R15s on AR767 or Crager soft 8s

As for the paint, I got the idea from Thing1 over on Jeepkings. I asked him if would mind if i stole his paint scheme and he said go for it. His is a little different but very similar.
I plan to paint the entire Jeep a green with a white hood. On said white hood it'll be the little fighting irish dude.
Heres what He did:

That paint is a long way off I'm afraid though. I've got more pressing concerns for the moment. And I'd like to do that in my own garage not in someone elses borrowed garage which means I'll be waiting until I buy my own place.
So as soon as I bought it I got to work taking off the flares so I could trim(still haven't put them back on though.) And went to pick up my new tires. 31x10.5 Duratracs

I got started with the back portion of the interior bed lining. Didnt get around to doing the front just yet though. It turned out really well I think.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:05 PM
CF Veteran

Then I went out with OVO and hit Lavant. Lots of fun, only got stuck once which was because I went into the pond playground and it was quite a bit deeper than last time. lol Still dont have pictures from that though.
Heres one from the top.

I should have finished the bed lining because in that pond I filled her right up to the shifter. It was unpleasant driving home up to my ankles in water. lol I finished it up but never got any pics. I'll get some this week and throw them in here.
I picked up a new rack with 4 lights, not sure of the name but they're 55watts. I havent had a chance to wire anything up yet though. Been busy with the move to my new place.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:06 PM
CF Veteran

And one with my beater car in there.

In the last couple weeks there hasn't been many modifications because my slave cyl went so I replaced that, the master, clutch, flex plate, etc. Then I got it back and my TPS sensor went and I went out for the OJC run.

After that I still had some surging but now I've replaced the map sensor, reconditioned the IVAC and cleaned out my whole intake. It seems to have taken care of it but I'll do some more test driving this week. If its still there I'll be 100% sure its the fuel pump and I'll need to replace that before labour day Gorge run.
Thats it for now, I'll keep you updated.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:32 AM
CF Veteran

Well I test drove it and it turns out its the fuel pump. I got a line on one that I wont have to pull out of a truck at a u pull so I'm going with that one. lol. Hopefully I'll have time sunday to replace it but I'm also finishing up moving this weekend so I'm not sure. I'll post pictures though.