Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

project: dd bombflow

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l 6
Default project: dd bombflow

i feel its about time i make a build thread i have some pics of my current progress with lots more to go!! my first vehicle ever i bought a 1990 xj with 2850000 on it. need less to say it was a POS but i saw more time jumping on the moto track then getting me to school on time. thats how how i found my love found xj's. my current project is a 1998 xj i bought in feburary bone stock no rust with after market headers. in march i started purchasing parts, i bought a RC 3inch seriesII lift and rustys adj track bar and hd frame mount. then bought some 15x8 crager 8's with 4"bs.

in the mean time i had cut and folded front and rear fenders plus herculined rear quarter panels and rockers. april came and i started installing my lift i was now unemployed because all work around here is seasonal and the winter job had ended figured it was perfect time to install. i took a week doing the lift mainly watching tv and going to play disc golf but got it done. next was cut and folding rear quarter panels loved the way it look plus wanted the clearance. then came saving every penny into a envelope for tires i ended up with 33x12.5 bfg at's this late may.
Attached Images     
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM

since getting tires i cut my front fenders up to the top of were the stock fender flare is. got rough country brake lines 6 inch longer then stock mainly because im going to try to build it up to get alot of droop. also DIY Beadlocks rear bumpstop plates and RC steering stabalizer. i used some liquid nails to glue on 1 hockey perch to each coil perch in front for bumpstops. today i got a day off and was able to go wheeling up on donner summit and had a blast, it was pooring rain and snowing a little all day and got to do a couple trails of rock and boulders and had to turn around on one bick rock ledge because too much water was flowing to get grip. i was out for 3 hours and overall my suspension and tire set up is great just need to add half a inch to my rear bumpstops and hammer the seam over in the front wheel well. rite now i have a t-case skid in the mail and hopefully soon will be ordering some JCR stage 3 rock sliders
Attached Images   
Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 PM

i thought i would show off some pics of my past jeeps. first jeep was stock.. second was 4.5 with 33's
Attached Images   
Old 06-13-2012, 07:07 PM

so this weekend i finally pounded over the seam inside the front wheel well and sprayed some paint in all 4 wheel wells, also i have been hitting my HD trac bar frome mount into the edge of my coil perch so i notched it out so it will clear no problem. then monday my tcase skid showed up on the porch after work and jumped right into installing. i got the rusty's new design 231 tcase skid, and i didnt quite fit right. i ended up leaving out one of the self tapping vertical screws because it lined up right into and existing hole that is much biggger and offset of it, in the frame rail. i think it should hold up fine due to the crossmember bolts and horizontal frame rail screws seem like they do most of the work. im a little up set it seems to angle down and i have lost some clearence and i think in the future i may just build my own high clearence crossmember which extends to have skid protection under the trans and tcase.
Attached Images     
Old 06-13-2012, 07:08 PM

also i attached a picon the last post of my rear bumpstop plates on there
Old 06-13-2012, 07:14 PM

here is a pic with the new brake lines as well. they are 6 inchs longer then stock so i put a piece of duct tape around the shoch then a zip tie around the shock with another zip tie around the the brake line and other zip tie. it does a great job holding the brake line out of the tire plus it keeps it from rubbing against the shock when i turn. its starting to come along and i am trying to go to moon rocks this weekend to go crawl, and hopefully put together a rubicon trip in julystoked.
Attached Images