Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Bathsheba

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6 Cylinder
Default Project Bathsheba

After going through a terrible divorce and being sick and tired of making a living in a suit and tie, I decided to get rid of my failing Saab 9.3. Sold it on Craigslist a week before helping a friend move out west to Idaho. Took that cash and a little I'd saved with the intention of hopping on Craigslist once in Idaho and finding a Cherokee that would get me back home to Wisconsin in the middle of Winter.

I paid $2000 cash for a 94 Cherokee Sport that had 198,000 miles, a smashed up windshield, and plenty else to work on. I named her Bathsheba. This thread will start from our beginning, and tell her (ongoing) story.

I'm no gear head. I have no idea what I'm doing. When a problem arises, I do some research, buy parts, and get dirty. I learn along the way. It took me two months to figure out I was driving an XJ. That's how much of a novice I am. The CherokeeForum is a Godsend - you're all awesome!

Here she is in the Black Hills of SD, when we were just getting to know each other.

Cruisin' the Black Hills of South Dakota on the way to her new home in Wisconsin.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 90
Engine: 4.0

Looks like a good start.
Welcome to the CF.

Why Bathsheba? Translated out it means wealthy lady.
While I'll grant you it's a "Lady", she's gonna be a wallet emptying gold digger, with no fortune of her own. Shoulda signed a pre-nup. I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, what are your plans for the future?
Old 10-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6 Cylinder

Originally Posted by Scott'sXJ
Looks like a good start. Welcome to the CF. Why Bathsheba? Translated out it means wealthy lady. While I'll grant you it's a "Lady", she's gonna be a wallet emptying gold digger, with no fortune of her own. Shoulda signed a pre-nup. I'm just sayin'. Anyway, what are your plans for the future?
Bathsheba has some salty Biblical significance. ;-) I'll be posting what I've done this far in terms of repairs/mods, and I'm not sure where it'll all end, but I hope to one day give her a fresh coat of paint, bull bar & winch, roof rack, and lord knows what else. It's a slow project, but "love is patient..."