Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

New guy.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New guy.

I just recently joined this forum, I'm about to get a 89 Cherokee with a straight six engine. As far is price I'm getting this from my godfather so I'm paying for replacement parts it needs (struts, transmission work{not sure exactly what}, and interior work. Other than the transmission the engine is fine, and the interior apart from the floor has been taken care of. My godfather bought it cheap and hasn't had time to work on it, knowing I've been looking for a Wrangler he offers it to me and I jump on it. I've never done alot to cars and I am really picky about knowing what something will look like before buying. I was just wanting some input on any good accesories (roof racks, wheels, etc.) as well as interior ideas (I've see Wranglers rhinolined interiors but I'm not sure how it would look in a Cherokee). Thank you for any input, I'll load pics up once I get started working on it.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:43 PM

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

the main ???? is are you gonna wheel it or is it going to be a DD?
that determins what your gonna do to it
btw welcome to the addiction
Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 PM

mostly DD but on occasion for maybe the 2 to 4 hours I have free from work and school trailing, but nothing serious like rock crawling or serious mudding, just recreational and trail busting, but yeah mostly DD.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:13 PM

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

i have my floors lined but put the carpet back down for now it helps with noise
stay away from the rubberized stuff takes a long time to cure/dry and chips off kinda easy
as far as wheels i'm kinda partial to cragar v-5 rims, look almost stock but meaner
take a look a quadratech.com
they're an all jeep company and have just about anything you could dream of and then some
Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Yeah I was thinking some rims like that or similar to Moto Metal 957's (not specifically, just that style) but not huge. One of my biggest pet peeves is trucks and suvs with 20"+ rims. I'm not a big carpet person (just hard to keep clean and nice) and it needs new carpeting so I was just exploring my options on that.