Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP

This is prob a stupid question but my 99 Cherokee is all stock and I don't know what all I need to do after I but 33 or 35 inch mud tires. I understand I need a lift but what else do I need to do to it to make it mud worthy? Shocks? What? I am a complete virgin to this hah but I'm eager to learn!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:40 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: l6

Well are you gonna wheel it on rocks ( if so you would want LCG or low center of gravity a small lift 4.5 maybe less if ya want and trim high on your fenders to fit your 35s prob longer rear drive shaft sye long arms lockers maybe better axles) if your gonna use it just for mud I heard you want to have a bigger lift so it's higher off ground and higher than the mud
Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 AM

Year: 1989 Laredo
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6 Renix

I would also consider how you're going to drive after the fact. Are you still going to do a lot of street driving? Don't go too over the top if you are, the ride won't be very nice. Just something to think about. Good luck, make sure you post pictures of your rig covered in mud once it's all done!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:37 PM

Ya it's my daily driver hah prob not smart to take it muddin but... I wanna risk it. I have slot of land thats used for dirt bikes and 4 wheelers an I wanna take my jeep there haha I just don't know where to begin.