Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first big project, 91 XJ Laredo

Old 06-14-2010, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six
Default My first big project, 91 XJ Laredo

alrite, so ill start my build thread with the info of when i bought it. i bought my 1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4.0L HO in February of 2009 for $650 and it definitely needed work. i first did a tuneup, coolant flush, replace front rotors and pads, replace the blower motor, get new body parts, like side markers, grille, and light surrounder things lol and clean the rims.

here is the first picture of it at its new home.

as you can see the rims were nearly black from years of buildup. those rims are supposed to be silver. lol i spent 3 hours cleaning up all of the rims.

and this was after the 3.5'' lift install from rubicon express that i bought seperately don't ask why i just did lol. i put all new coils, leafs, and shocks, removed sway bars all around. (ps. don't yell at me for removing the front it was ****ty and the links were f****ed up so i just removed it.) i did it at my tech college so it was definitely easier than at home, but i still ran into the problems. bolts seized and shock bolts were misplaced.

this was all of the original parts after the lift install.

some pics of things i had to replace. steering stabilizer, diff cover, and new exhaust (which is dynomax cat wit magnaflow catalytic. and rock-it intake.

and this is the most current pics of my XJ as of 6-14-10.
i still have alot to do. im saving up for 31'' swampers but that will be awhile. but those are only for offroading its still gotta stay my DD. Leave me feedback if you want and put any ideas too. and sorry for different pic resolutions. my phone changed throughout the time i had this XJ.

Last edited by my91cherokeexj; 06-14-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 HO

Good start on your build ! Got to love the jeep for getting around in the snow during the winter..
Old 06-15-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by SGT ABN XJ
Good start on your build ! Got to love the jeep for getting around in the snow during the winter..
thanks man. and def agree on the snow. i live in WI and we got like 16" of snow. shifted it in 4 and i was on the road.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:44 PM

i decided to put my lites on the bumper since the bumper had factory fog lite mounts. ik its not original, but i like the look of that