Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

My 98 Heep

Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM

Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default My 98 Heep

I bought this off of a used car lot almost 4 years ago, here's what it used to look like. Boring.

A little wheel and trim paint, and it stayed like this for a couple of years.

Got a new bumper off ebay last spring, the one and only time I have ever washed it.

I'm very poor right now, but sometime soon I really want to lift it a couple inches and get some 31s. I already have a pair of Fat Bob's coil spring spacers, I just need to find some donor leaves for the rear.

Two weeks ago I was pushing a junk car and put a hole in the fiberglass nose, while I had it off to fix it, I decided to fix a couple small rust bubbles on the rockers. Things quickly got out of hand, and I took off all of the flares and plastic, did the cut-and-fold to
the rear wheel openings, and painted the lower half black.

Better shot of bumper. Its very sturdy, but it rusts if you so much as look at it wrong.

Not sure what will be next, but sometime soon I'm gonna rip out the headliner so I can tear out all of the aftermarket power sunroof crap. It already broke on me once, and it really takes away some headroom.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:26 PM

Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Here's some stock wheeling pics from my dad's farm. Pretty old pics, it still had the bald 225/75s on it then lol