Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My '98

Old 08-03-2017, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default My '98

I bought my XJ this past February, which is also my birthday month, so I consider it a birthday present to myself.
An unfortunate hole in cylinder number one.
Along with a cracked head
All interior out including dash

Removed all seat covers and cleaned in the washing machine.
Turned out great. Oxyclean with regular detergent gets the stains out and makes them smell great.
Power washing the carpet at my work. It will eventually get replaced with new carpet or vinyl floor.
Thankful for friends who let me borrow big stuff like a hoist and engine stand

Engine bay mostly stripped down and clean with degreaser.
Blacked out engine bay as of this evening. Will start cleaning parts and getting ready to stab the new used engine.
My current daily driver (my wife's use to be car) bringing home a used 4.0 engine I bought.
Guy said this is a 2000 remanufactured engine with 19,000 miles on it pulled out of a rollover. He seemed legit and even gave me a printed and signed waiver stating I could bring the engine back and get my money back if it doesn't run/knocks/etc. Nice guy. Hopefully it will work out.
Hi everyone! This is my first ever post. This is my '98 XJ Classic 2wd auto with 4.0. Bought it not running for cheap. Looks as if it overheated. Plan to do somewhat of a restoration to make it a nice daily driver for myself. Have a long way to go!