Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Many questions at once.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Many questions at once.

I am just going to ask a lot of questions at once so I don't have to make a bunch of different threads.

I have a 1996 Cherokee Laredo which for 96 was the extreme base model. It is the 4.0 motor and at the moment it has 250,00 miles.

It has stopped working do to wiring problems, the fuse box has been really loos for a long time and something is wrong. But regardless I want something way more simple to drive around in.

I am planning gutting the whole jeep and doing one of many different directions.

1. Can I take out all the computers and make the distributer work without the EMS and can I go carburation? I know this probable will not work but I must ask. I would like for it to kind of work like GM's HEI, just one wire.

2. What I really plan to do is drop in a Chevy V-8, is it really that hard? a Chevy can drop into anything.

3. If I go Chevy V-8 is the an adapter for the trans?

4. If I go Chevy V-8 and I go Chevy 350 transmission will the stock jeep transfer case fit on my Chevy 350 4x4 trans?
Old 11-13-2016, 06:55 AM
Beach Bum

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000 WJ
Model: Grand Cherokee

I do not have answers but the following link should prove very helpful for the engine swap. https://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/engine-mounts/
Old 11-13-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee

Thank you for the link as it has lots of helpful information.

Anybody here done an actual Chevy V-8 conversion?