Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

Just My Daily Driver

Old 11-28-2015, 04:48 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 6cyl
Default Just My Daily Driver

Like most of us, I'm not nearly done with my XJ, but here are some before and after shots. Before's were taken less than a year ago, after's were taken today (11/28/15)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by DJKnightmare; 11-28-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

Nice, my 93 was my daily driver for 70K before the brakes went out and the mechanic shop crashed it driving into the bay. I still have it so it is now my toy.

How did you clean up your hitch?
Old 11-28-2015, 05:30 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0 6cyl

Wow, seriously? The mechanic crashed it going into the bay, how's that for irony? At least you have a cool toy then!

I used a wire brush and scraper to knock off the majority of the rust before I sanded it. There was really just a nice coat of surface rust, most of it was down to good metal after the brush, scraper, and paper. Then I used that naval jelly stuff to get the rest of it. Then some rust reformer primer, then the cheapest black spray paint I had laying around.