Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting ready to rhinoline but need input

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default getting ready to rhinoline but need input

OK first off mods im sorry if this is not the correct place to post this but i didnt know where else it would go so with that out of the way...
Im planing on rhino lining my XJ soon. I wasn't sure if I was going to do the whole thing or just the bottom half so what i did was go ahead and primer the bottom section of the jeep where i was thinking i would bed line. I have decided to do just the lower section where the primer is now, my question is this... I have no clue how to do the grill/front area so that it will look halfway decent. So im posting up a few pic's(sorry i guess i was shaky lol) and would like any input on how you guys think it should be done or how you would do it ect. idk if i should move the primer(bedliner) line up some to match the line in the grill or what

thanks for your input guys&gals
Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 high output

looks sick so far!! i personally think you should move the rhino lining up to match the grill/trim line or atleast to that second body line. aaaand i'd probably remove the grill and headlight trim off the jeep then paint em just to be safe. it looks really good with the black rims!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 PM

Year: 89
Engine: 4.0 ho

X2
Old 04-29-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by smilen724
looks sick so far!! i personally think you should move the rhino lining up to match the grill/trim line or atleast to that second body line. aaaand i'd probably remove the grill and headlight trim off the jeep then paint em just to be safe. it looks really good with the black rims!
thanks i just got the wheels i like them alot i had to get 16" wheels so i do Rustys over the knuckle steering soon
ya the plan is to take everything apart doors fenders grill everything apart and prime everything with black primer (door jams ect) anywhere the bed liner will be. Ya i think sunday if it dont rain ill try to prime up to that upper body line that lines up with top of the grill/headlight housing and see what that looks like. just wanted to start low because its really hard to "unpaint" it lol
anyone have any ideas???
Old 04-30-2011, 11:49 AM

Personally I like the line you have now with the pin striping above it
Old 04-30-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by ttamn92
thanks i just got the wheels i like them alot i had to get 16" wheels so i do Rustys over the knuckle steering soon
ya the plan is to take everything apart doors fenders grill everything apart and prime everything with black primer (door jams ect) anywhere the bed liner will be. Ya i think sunday if it dont rain ill try to prime up to that upper body line that lines up with top of the grill/headlight housing and see what that looks like. just wanted to start low because its really hard to "unpaint" it lol
anyone have any ideas???
haha yeah it'd be pretty hard to unpaint it. i was thinking about rhino lining from the bottom body line down, doing gloss black from the second body line down to the rhino line, doing lime green from the second body line up and doing my diff covers, springs, and drivelines lime green but idk how'd it look yet haha
Old 04-30-2011, 10:03 PM

i like where the line is too but to make it line up with the grill line im thinking about painting up to this line
Old 05-14-2011, 12:02 AM

did you ever end up going any higher up with the rhino line??
Old 05-15-2011, 06:08 PM

no i haven't had time to move it up... the more i think about it the more im thinking about covering the whole d@m thing lol
Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 HO

i did the same thing on mine.

grill was factory black if i was you i would match that. i would also go up higher on that body line to the top of it. that will have it be a little closer to matching up in the front