Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daily XJ "Restore"

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Daily XJ "Restore"

My first Jeep, and very happy with her as well, even though Im prob looking to spend $3K plus on her for a daily driver. Longblock will get rebuild this summer.

Looking at going back to stock tires, all new bushings, and the longblock rebuild to start. The XJ will be a daily driver, weekend camp outs, and snow, no rocks, no muding, so on, just a daily driver. Later on, Ill most likely get a 2nd XJ to play around with.

I am loving the straight six, even with an auto trans, shes a beast.

Thx,
Shane

Last edited by KNIGHTSILVER; 06-11-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L

I'm on my 2nd XJ and i really do like the 4.0.
Its not the most powerful or efficient engine but just just pretty well rounded. Felt like it had more life in it than my first car (a 97 Avenger with the V6) but they have tourqe for days and i am currently managing 18.5mpg with mine. I've got a rolled Xj out here at the house with 265k miles on it and it will still start up!

Both my XJs were also what you are looking to do, a DD. I do about 70 miles a day on mine, but i want it to be able to get me out of any tight spot i find myself in. Did you get the build sheet for your ride it will be a good place to start, let you know what you are getting into.

take care of her and she will take care off you! trust me!