Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Cherokee DD< (-3LINKED-DEAVERS-D44$)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default 99 Cherokee DD< (-3LINKED-DEAVERS-D44$)

Ok so i never made a build thread for my truck, i did do a couple write ups on small things but it is about time i make one. i am going to lay out from start to current day.

I got my 99 jeep cherokee sport from a nissan dealer that some little old lady drove and traded in. She never did anything to it suspension was shot so was the tires it was perfect as i planed to put a cheap temporary lift into it any how. I ended up paying 2600$ for it with 124k miles and that is pretty cheap in ny as the body was mint! I put like 1k miles on it and then ordered a lift for it after doing a tune up and hoses and some smalls things.

pics putting in the biggest pos lift ever made is a rough country 4.5 x series all adjustable arms etc. on 31 bf att.

Then We wheeled it till it **** an alternator

lift rode like crap but i knew it would be temporary.

Last edited by crfrider; 04-15-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: want name changed to get some attention to a nice build
Old 04-11-2014, 10:22 AM

Then i orddered a smittybilt bumper was one of the first couple of people to recieve one.

ripped the stocker off then relocated vacum ball behind the battery. i then had to torch and vise grip the steering box bolts out from the inside of the frame this took hours. It was dark by the time i was mounting the bumper plus its a heavy sob!so this next pic is it mounted the next morning.
Name:  zZvFGQw.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  149.7 KB
ill will go to lunch and post some more later so its not 3 pages of pics lmfao.

Last edited by crfrider; 04-11-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:25 AM

I then ordered jcr stage 3 sliders that same day. This is the sliders once they arrived.
Name:  fwmw6bO.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  59.2 KB
I then primered them and let the sit for a coupel hours in the sun after a couple coats i grabed some bedliner
Name:  gArd6Ov.jpg
Size:  104.8 KB

This stuff doesnt last the best but gives a really sweet finish and would use it again. I sprayed them let them sit in the sun and brang them inside they were a sweet textured black.
Name:  xjH3t9k.jpg
Size:  37.3 KB
Here is a pic of them mounted after a couple hours of drilling holes and getting everythign lined up properly as they were not a perfect fit but do fit well. We did use the self tappers that came with the sliders after drilling many pilot holes we screwed them in and then welded them to the frame aswell for extra assurence as i dont like the idea of self tappers. NOTE: They dont fit the uniframe very tightly no matter hwo gentle or tight you are with them.
Name:  Ms2f3df.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  142.5 KB
Old 04-11-2014, 11:43 AM

I wheeled it this way for a little bit breaking this junk trac bar on moderate wheeling multiple times Name:  8OKA3AX.jpg
Size:  164.2 KBName:  kSPmYXS.jpg
Size:  161.3 KB
Name:  M9DzUuw.jpg
Size:  42.0 KB
Then my gf now ex gf had gotten me the winch i wanted she got a ipad from me.

Name:  j9mG95g.jpg
Size:  113.0 KB
I mounted it upper 20 minutes later along with lights and the hoop.
I also aquired a stock front skid and stock gas tank skid that i plated with road plate u can see this in other pics.

Name:  lqjO2AH.jpg
Size:  177.8 KB
Got it stuck many tiems at night up to the bumper great winch.
Name:  Uf5vsY4.jpg
Size:  102.5 KB
Old 04-11-2014, 11:51 AM

Then some 33x12.5 r 15 km2's and American Racing Atx 165 series wheels and she was sittign pretty good but i was missing a flair and had to order bushwacker flat flares.

Now she sits nice and big. I also ordered and installed a clayton track bar dont believe i have pics of this tho
Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 PM

Then i installed my flat flares and hd shackle boxes their is a thread of the install.
here are some pic of the flairs, shackle boxes, and gas tank skid that is stock was plated and u can see my fox in the back round as well. I also installed an olympic rear bumper to prep for rausch creek since i didnt have anythign to pull myself from

Name:  r5M3lIV.png
Size:  250.5 KBName:  Fm20uly.png
Size:  397.0 KBName:  9m83nNo.jpg
Size:  128.7 KBName:  2VUPIvJ.jpg
Size:  125.9 KB
Name:  ULLrX0L.jpg
Size:  131.5 KB

Last edited by crfrider; 04-17-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:07 PM

first trip some small breaks drove 3 hours their and back and wheeled all weekedn then drove it to work and school all week did good.
putting the sliders to use on trails i shouldnt be on open open

Some from the second rausch creek trip was still on the rough country crap lol 30 bushings later....... clayton track bar keeping the front end in place... ripped a motor mount first time at rausch sending fan through the grill and ratchet strapped my motor down and put 2 eggs in the rad wheeled all weekend that way then i also broke the rad again this trip with a couple rocks... and destoyed those crap rc bushigns that were brand new..... brown dog motor mounts kept the motor placed this time still open open btw. Then i got home and ordered my 3 link kit. also had installed a riddler differential cover that did awsome on the blacks taken a beating.
http://imageshack.us/a/img571/7761/x1ka.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img571/2159/c4ma.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img834/8898/9qy3.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/79/q59q.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/568/b4zj.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img89/2186/c1a2.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/7497/t86p.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img33/6420/py7b.jpg

I also broke a rear shock stud the one located on the back of the axle had 2 super duty zipties the ones like swat teams use lol zip tied the shock that broke over what was left of the stud wheeled the rest of the day then welded a washer on it that night at the hotel and wheeled all the next day poor bilstein shock. This bushing hates me.

Last edited by crfrider; 04-17-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:52 PM

A friend DETAILED it after rausch for free.

Recieved my 3 link kit from clayton offroad. and ordered my slip yoke eliminator just a hack and tap as i dont plan to keep this case plus if im out of state wheelign and the 231 ****s i can re add the slip yoke easily. install pics after. i bolted it up then tacked the stuff and had a friend go over and final weld everything. then i adjusted all the arms pinnion angle etc here are some pics.

Name:  Snbijl4.jpg
Size:  44.0 KB
Name:  JhwTKJK.jpg
Size:  100.6 KB
Name:  9mMtdbW.jpg
Size:  94.3 KB
Name:  1LM1d6F.jpg
Size:  88.0 KB
Name:  Kfvh0q4.jpg
Size:  93.0 KB
Name:  FYFtQyk.jpg
Size:  114.9 KB
Old 04-15-2014, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999

Where on the island are you? I'm in the Port Jeff area. Were those first few wheeling pics around here? I know there's a few spots but trails are getting really hard to come by.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by XJEvo
Where on the island are you? I'm in the Port Jeff area. Were those first few wheeling pics around here? I know there's a few spots but trails are getting really hard to come by.
those spots are in nassau we have been making our own trails in a wooded section. theirs some out by you more then here
Old 04-16-2014, 06:30 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by crfrider
Is that your pony in the back ground? Looks good.

Nice work on the XJ.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Flowpro
Is that your pony in the back ground? Looks good.

Nice work on the XJ.
yes 87 t-top car stock bottom end and block eddy heads and a helion turbo kit with a blow thru quick fuel carb. should be tuning it this week. thats on my winter wheels usually on skinnys and slicks #streetkiller motor is on borrowed time .

Last edited by crfrider; 04-17-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:23 PM

Did my slip yoke eliminator it was a iron rock hack and tap and took maybe 25 minutes was very easy dont over think it 10 min to cut it another 10 to tap nicely.... I got the driveshaft from tattoons offroad. it was about 300$ but that was to my specs with spicer hard joints.

Name:  7EKygKC.jpg
Size:  103.5 KB

Name:  l6DVsi8.jpg
Size:  87.3 KB
I also did a lal new downpipe cat etc. and a flow master 40s then i went wheeling and burried it what u can 't see is that im sitting in a stream and this is the other side that i was trying to winch up that broke my fairlead leaving me with water comign inside My tires were pure goop it was a marshy muddy creek. i couldnt winch out and the 4cyl yj i was with would not pull me out before it started to sink.
Name:  1mPhOx9.jpg
Size:  107.7 KB
Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

.....and then you left the XJ to the beavers??? HAHA What happened??
Old 04-18-2014, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by EagleXJ
.....and then you left the XJ to the beavers??? HAHA What happened??

haha i had a friend in the mini wrecker finally come even with the broken fairlead i had the winch pulling me into that wall of mud for like a hour inches at a time bouncing off limiter then tried no wheel speed just the winch wouldnt go lol he showed up in the little wrecker and another friend in a bronco got it out not alot of water or anything i stuffed sweat shirts in the jambs that were under water the truck was flexed on its side alot just went home and vacumed it all out then pulled it up the next morning to make sure i got it all. when they pulled me out i was on the smallest incline of a hill and all 4 tires were so caked in marsh that when i tried to back up i would slide further down back towards the creek they had to drag me like 1000 feet out of the sticky **** lol. zero traction.

Quick Reply: 99 Cherokee DD< (-3LINKED-DEAVERS-D44$)