Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 Grand cherokee Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default 97 Grand cherokee Misfire

1997 WJ that was basterdized together, and its been a project from the start. but now i finally got it running to a driveable point. but now once the jeep warms up it starts to misfire anything past half throttle. cold it runs great. but once to running temp, it idles fine, but then mis fires. when i got the jeep the shop i brought it to had the cam sensor 180 degrees out of time. currently the jeep only has 3 02 sensors, the 2 in the manifold and 1 in the down pipe. the jeep had no exhaust on it when i got it and never had upper 02 sensors. just 2 02 sensors plugging the holes
its a federal emissions jeep that the harness was bad on. so i replaced that and the ecu was fried when i got it(someone swamped the jeep), also ive replaced the fuel pump, FPR, plugs,3 02 sensors, the coil pack is newer, Crank position sensor was replaced with a jeep OEM, when i got it running i didn't have the intake on it, but i cant hear any noteable vacuum leaks.
so im at alose now
should i attempt to time it by ear? my buddies dad is a mechanic and he timed it once before but the was when it ran rough originally.
ive heard you can time them like miatas (adjust the Cam sensor while its running)
any help is appreciated thank you!