Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90 2 dr xj

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default 90 2 dr xj

I"m wanting to build up my 90 xj slowly just for getting on beginner to mild trails and i was wondering. If i put more lift on it (currently have 3 inch block and spring spacer) if i need to worry about my drive shaft getting into a bind. I decided to put the small lift on it because the back of it sat down lower than the front. Problem was when i bottom out over a bump or rocks my axle got pushed up to were the driveshaft was touching the yoke on the axle. One bolt broke off of it and i had to drill it out i placed a grade 8 bold and nut with lock washers on it......>> do you think that will hold.... as for the sitting lower i have no idea why it did this.

Eventually i'm gonna add axles to this. I recently put some ford 9 in axles under my sister's jeep with her husband, and was wondering We didn't have to do really anything to the drivetrain on that except lower the transfer case and inch and a half but is this something i'll have to do to mine, I only have that small lift. And any advice on some decent tires for it without spending big bucks. I have good year wrangler on it now...

Any and all help much appreciated. Working kinks out of it before this weekend's mud runs.

Last edited by andye250; 10-12-2009 at 02:21 PM.