Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Cherokee Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 242 Power Tech I6 (4.0)
Default 2000 XJ Sport from Memphis, TN

Page 1 pictures have been fixed - (10-19-2015)
Page 2 pictures have been fixed - (10-26-2015)
Page 3 pictures have been fixed - (4-16-2016)
Page 4 pictures have been fixed - (11-19-2016)
Page 5 pictures have been fixed - (12-1-2016)
Page 6 pictures have been fixed - (12-1-2016)

All Pictures have been fixed as of 12-1-2016!! Only took me a year.
Hopefully I don't have anymore picture problems.

Well I've been here for a while now and I've been meaning to post a build thread but I just never really sat down to do it, but might as well start one now... Even though my Jeep is pretty built, I'm always adding stuff and still have a lot more I want to do to it. The build will be slow though, I am in College, that takes a lot of my time and money.

I got my Jeep XJ when I was 15 and a freshman in High School (that was in 2008, I'm 20 now). I had started to look around and the Jeep XJ's really caught my eye and I liked the style of them. Then I found this one and ended up getting it for $4,500. It had only been in one wreck, but the damage was minimal and a new winch bumper that had frame tie-ins fixed the damage. Here is what it looked like when I got it. Pictures are a little blurry, bad picture skills back then.

Some Specs when I bought it.
3.55s
NP231
LP Dana 30
C8.25
No lift
PJP Medium Fern Green Pearl Coat (paint)

You can see the bumper is pretty close (touching) the passenger side.

This was the first time I took it offroad. Not much, just my first time offroading while I was driving.

Not too long after that... I ended up backing into a tree in my friends back yard... pretty much if I didn't have a hitch, I would of been out a bumper AND a lift gate, but all I needed was a rear bumper... No pictures uploaded online of that... I try to forget it since I was 16 and pretty stupid. I got some on my computer though.

A little bit of hill climbing at a friends house. Plus I got some Hella 500FF and a Rampage Headlight Conversion Kit for Christmas that year.

Than another problem, I someone run me off the road and I pretty much ruined my front LCA mount on my diver side.... So, to 4 Wheel Parts I went to have HD LCA mounts put in, plus some 1 3/4 spacers in the front (Had the bumper on when I got it fixed and the spacers keep the ride height even), plus new bump stops... since I had crushed my Transmission lines with my UCA once... well twice.

Now my first real mod. My dad promised if I passed my Junior year of high school with A's and B's, he would get me a front bumper... since I had been bugging him about it for a while. We ended up looking around and got a Logans Metal Products front winch bumper. It was only like $320 shipped with a winch plate, and at the time we didn't know how bad they were, but lucky for us, I got the bumper within 2 weeks.

Then I got my 1st real aggressive tire, Got some 31x10.50 General Grabbers. They had not even been out 6 months when I got them, so I was like one of the only people with them. I had also painted my rims black before I put the bumper on.

Then I was 'Trying' to flex in the Pines they logged behind my house.

Then I build a hitch mount tire carrier

Then I finally got something to make my Jeep sound good. A Flowmaster Super 10

Then, after a LONG wait, I finally got a full lift. 4 Wheel Parts were having a sale on ProComp lift kits, so besides it being $500 It was only $300. So I ended up getting a 3" AAL ProComp lift. (which ended up over time, not being so good, but I still use parts of the kit.) Never get a AAL.

Sagging.

Next I ended up getting a free Cobra 29 WX NW ST so I got a Firestick, Coax cable, and a PA... ended up ditching the Firestick though cause I didn't feel like tuning at the time, so I got a 102' whip. Works great for what i do, but I still have the Firestick for when I go on trail rides.

Then I got tired of my sagging AAL, so I got an RC 2" shackle and a '95 Wrangler rear brake line.

Then I ended up getting my wisdom teeth taken out... but i didn't stop me from working on my jeep since I had some LED dash light come in. (changed to green LEDs later in the build-10/5/2015)

Last edited by dcp1992; 12-01-2016 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Fixed pictures
Old 07-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Seasoned Member

Then for High School graduation I got new rims, been wanting them for a while up til then, and loved the wider stance they gave the Jeep. And I liked the way they look, though now I wish I went with Black. I'm eventually going to get some black "street beadlock" wheels. (Yeah, plans changed... I got different rims.-10/7/2015)

Then I added an extended idle switch along with a 90's Chevy underhood light.

Then I replaced my headliner witch was sagging with some Mossy Oak Headliner material I found.

Then I went to 4 Wheel Parts for there 50th anniversary and I ended up winning an aFe cold air intake!

Then I did a little mudding with a friend.

Then I started to paint stuff on my Jeep this lime/neon green.

Another mod was to put a hitch on my hitch mount tire carrier since I needed a way to pull a trailer.

Then probably the biggest thing I've done. Last Christmas I did a s10 bastard pack lift to my Jeep. Came out to about 5" of lift.
(here is a video of all the pictures I took during the lift
)

Parts list.
I already had extended Swaybar links from ProComp 3"
lower control arms from ProComp 3"
3" coil springs from the ProComp lift
s10 springs
2" shackle I had
1.75" spacers I used to have, I put back on it
4 Skyjacker Nitro 9000 shocks
Rugged Ridge Adjustable Track Bar
Extended Brake Lines
U-Bolts for a 8.25 (3" x 9")
6 degree shim
center pin

Than I made some Rock Sliders. Here's the build thread link. (https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f58/ho...ctures-135066/)

And a Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier. Here's the build thread link. (https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f58/re...ctures-135069/)

I was also able to nab a police style brushguard and roof rack off a '97 2 door XJ that had a blown engine for free. I was going to try to get the Jeep because I know the person that had it, and he was getting rid of it for $800. It was a manual too, I was going to use it as a DD (better MPG than my Jeep because it was stock), but once I found out it was not running, I just got the brush guard and roof rack

brush guard

Roof rack

Also I got some Rock lights, I got them in green to match my Jeep and what I painted. The green also matched my marker lights and turn signal.

And these are the most recent pictures I have of my Jeep. Took Saturday and Sunday. Me and my friend decided to play in his drying pond.

Saturday

Sunday
Couldn't see out the windows to say the least.

I also Have a pretty extensive Audio set up. I have a 1500 watt Kenwood XR-1S with 2 Kicker CVR 12s (400 RMS, 800 MAX). I also have a Sony CDX-GT930UI. I also have 2 Sony 5 1/4 in the front doors

Whew... That took a long time to type out. But now that I've caught up on what I've done... Here is some of the future plans I have.

Finnish the bumper/tire carrier
4.56 gears (still have 3.55)
Lockers front and rear
Bushwacker Fender Flares (Plans changed... Wanting to build some metal flat flares-10/7/2015)
33" tires (have to get Bushwacker's first, so I know at least my next tires are still 31's)
Long arm conversion and about 6.5" lift
SYE
Either Black Rock Defender Series 905 or Pro Comp Series 152, most likely Black Rock (Plans changed... as mentioned above-10/7/2015)
Skid plates
Winch
A rear diff cover with a bolt and not a rubber plug

And anything else I think up along the way. This will definitely be a slow build because I'm fixing to start my second year of College.

Last edited by dcp1992; 12-01-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Fixed pictures
Old 07-24-2012, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Really nice XJ man, I wasn't sure about the round lights on the brush bar until I got to the pic with the rack on. Now I like it! Might have to rethink getting the squared fogs for my ride.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by zodiac
Really nice XJ man, I wasn't sure about the round lights on the brush bar until I got to the pic with the rack on. Now I like it! Might have to rethink getting the squared fogs for my ride.
Thanks!! Yeah, I kinda went back and looked and it did look a little wired with the Hella's on the brush guard, but when you see the whole XJ it isn't as bad. I've always liked the round light anyway, unless they are the LED ones. I've been thinking about getting a LED bar that will fit on top of the brush guard on the top bar above the fog lights, would probably look good, but LED light bars are pretty high, the good ones anyway.

I also forgot about one thing. ZJ or KJ rear disk brake conversion, that's been on my list for a while... but I think gears are more important, and if I get a shop to do it i'll be $1700, but i'm going to do lockers at the same time, so it goes up to $2700... Gotta start saving some money. lol
Old 07-24-2012, 11:09 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L HO

where'd you get your rock lights from?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by FOWLPLAY
where'd you get your rock lights from?
Well... when I say "Rock Light" I really just mean some of the LED strips from AutoZone... BUT not the cheap ones, the ones with the SMD 5050 LEDs in them. They will be $29 for a pack of 2. They are pretty darn bright and have worked well when I've need them and not just ridin' around town with them on.....
Old 08-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Seasoned Member

Well not much of a "build" update, but whatever. Saturday 4 Wheel Parts was having an event and since I live near one, Memphis, TN, me and my friend decided to go to it and since we have been working on a '78 Bronco he got for free for a couple of years and we finally had it running and pretty much ready to wheel, we loaded it up and took it to the event and went to Covington Pike Bottoms afterwards.

On the way to 4 Wheel Parts I took some pictures. We used his '95 Z71 to pull the Bronco.

We had to eat before though, so we stopped by Waffle house.

It was a pretty cool event, I almost got a free winch and Hi Lift. While we were there, The Midsouth Jeep Club had there RTI Ramp, and I decided to go on it, since I had wanted to for a while but never had the chance. So I took some tools and unbolted my sway bar and gave it a shot. I didn't get my score though, forgot to ask for it. They said I could of went more, but I didn't get much more because I have open Diffs.

After that we went to the Bottoms. Was pretty good since the last time I went I still have my 3" lift.... The s10 Bastard pack was a TON better than the ProComp AAL crap. So much smoother and not consolingly ripping off my rear fender flares. And yes, my windshield is cracked... Hopefully I can get a new one this week.

And right as we were loading the Bronco, someone comes up to us asking if we could pull his friend out of a "little hole" in an F150. Well we decided to take my Jeep since the Bronco was loaded and was acting up. Well, he wasn't in a "little hole" he was in wet sand (by a lake) buried up to his frame... needless to say, my poor little XJ didn't have the weight or tire grip to get it out. We went back for the Bronco and that got him out.

Well, while we were pulling him out, my dad text me and said that I had 4 LEDs come in and they were on my desk. Needless to say I was happy, but I wasn't expecting them til next week because the USPS tracking hadn't updated in 4 days and said they were still in California. Oh well, I was glad I got them, and when I got home I put them in. They are Green 3157's to go in my turn signal so it matched my green side markers... and green everything else.

I did get a aFe pre-filter and re oiled my aFe since it was dirty. Having that pre-filter is going to make it way easier to clean it next time and will also help with driving through dust and help with water. I also tried to put D-rings on my rear bumper... but i didn't have a big enough drill bit, I need an inch and all i had was a 13/16. I may know someone that has one though.

I am also working on getting an Overhead Console, will update when I get something back.

So far from what I can think, my future plans are:
Finish rear bumper/tire carrier
Diff covers, especially a rear one so I can have a bolt and not a rubber plug
Long arm upgrade
Longer coils to try for 6-6.5" lift
Shackle relocation kit
Maybe add more leafs to my Bastard pack or just get whole new leafs
4 rear TJ flares (cheaper than bushwackers but still look good.) (Again, like above, plans changed... Will eventually build some metal flat flares - 10/14/2015)
4.56 gears/lockers front and rear (probably going to be my next big item, but at $2700, it might be a while)
ZJ disc brakes
33" tires
Longer/custom bump stops/limiting straps
Upgraded injectors
Hypertech Programmer
Dual battery
Winch
SYE
Possibly some 1/4 panel armor
Black 'Street beadlocks' (Again, plans changed... as mentioned above - 10/14/2015)

Here are some day pictures of after the bottoms. It was really dry,almost no mud, so it wasn't as fun as it could've been.

Last edited by dcp1992; 10-14-2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Fixed pictures
Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Seasoned Member

Update!

Well I am officially getting the Overhead Console. The ebay auction just ended and I got it for $171 shipped. Not too bad, in my opinion, and I should get it in a week. I already ordered the mounting bracket (PN# S-55352518) for $8 from another web site, so all I need is a temperature sensor. ($19 at dealer) I will also probably use the left over Camo Headliner I have to cover the old stuff that is on it. I don't know when I will get it installed though, college is going to start at the end of the month, so I have to get ready for that. So it might be some weeks before I install it. When I do though, I will try to take lots of pictures because most of the write-ups for 97+ are missing pictures or are gone, so I will try to made a simi-write-up.

Last edited by dcp1992; 08-15-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:33 AM
Seasoned Member

Well, to start this update off, I guess I'll post the less important things first.

I gave it a much needed bath.

Then I finally got a new windshield put in. it has been cracked almost all summer.

Then I took a trip to Pull-A-Part last Thursday to get an oil pan so when I replace my rear main (during one of the next couple of oil changes) I can get rid of my busted up old pan, and while i was there, I snagged a couple of OHC brackets out of the 3 96- XJs because I didn't know if the one I ordered was right. But it was, so I got 2 OHC brackets I might be selling soon, plus some front OHC brackets for 96-. I also nabbed a Temperature sensor while I was there.

Now the BIG update, I got my 97+ OHC (and 99 OHC harness) Tuesday and put it in Wednesday. I have a lot of pictures and I'm probably going to try to post another topic as a write-up, IDK.

Here it was when I first got it. The packing was very well, I was wondering how the person was going to pack it because I know they can be damaged easily, but there was plenty of foam and bubble wrap.

Now we get into the install. First I located the OHC/light main connector behind the glove box. You have to take out the glove box and remove the kick panel then just pull the connector clip out of it's location for better access.

I located the 3 pin Pink/Black/Yellow wire on the Junction/fuse box and disconnected it.

Then I took the stock main harness connector (the side that goes up the A-pillar) and use a small straight slot screwdriver to remove the pins from the stock clip, as we need to use that clip. I used the screwdriver to lift up a tab from the front of the connector then pull out the pins.

Then I did the same with the 99 OHC harness but one by one and put the pins in the same place on the 00 clip as they are on the 99.

Here is a diagram I put together that shows how to take a 99 OHC harness and put it into a 00/01 connector. The diagram is from the back of the connectors, where the wires come out at.

Then I decided to hook up and mount the temperature sensor in the front of my Jeep and hook up the OHC to see if it worked before I started cutting the headliner and taking out the stock harness. And It worked!!! I was so happy to know that, even though the seller said it worked, I wanted to know. And the Jeep before me was getting 18.6 average MPG... wish I was getting that...

Distance Til Empty (DTE)

Then I took the stock harness out and started to take off and trace the 2 wire Visor plugs because the 99- has 1 wire. But it's only a black wire that is crimped together that make the 2nd wire on the 00/01, so I just took apart the harness till I got to the splice and cut the 2 black wires there and then cut the pink power wire.

Then here is the 99 harness with the back wire (green tape) that I have to splice the 2nd wire of the 00/01 visor light into.

Then I started to mark out the outline of the OHC to I wouldn't over cut when I cut the holes you need to cut.

Then I spliced the 2 wire Visor wires into the 99 harness.

The hybrid 99 and 00 OHC harness

Then I started to cut the headliner, here are 2 pictures from someone else of the measurements of the cuts you have to make.

And here are my cuts and the stock light bracket cut out.

Then I mounted the OHC bracket with some small screws, uses the same holes that the rivets for the light bracket used.

Then i cut the back more to where the end was at about 27/27.5" so the back tab on the OHC would fit.

Everything cut and ready to rout the Harness.

Started my harness routing by going to the lower part of the A-pillar to stick the harness connector through.

Mounted and clipped on the A-pillar.

Harness routing down the window and then everything routed.

Doing the final connecting and mounting.

All finished and working, and the visors work too with the splicing. And before you ask, YES, I am eventually going to Camo the gray on the OHC. I still have some headliner and glue left too, just have to find the time to do it, witch with College starting Monday, I probably wont have much time for anything till Christmas break.

Overview of the OHC? I like it, I've always wanted one but never really got into really getting one, or even seeing one for a good price, until I saw this one. I like all the function and really like the MPG and Average MPG. So far, even without me having the correct Speedo gear (witch I plan to get soon) and from just 2 days of driving. My average MPG is 12.8, witch it pretty bad, but it's a Jeep with 31" tires and a lift. My instant MPG when I'm just driving 45-50MPH I'm getting 20/22MPG, on the highway going 70 I'm getting about 13MPG, on normal acceleration it drops to 4MPG, and when I get on it... It goes to 2MPG. lol though most of that will change when I get my 32 tooth speed gear, but I have to get $40 to get one since the Dealership apparently doesn't have 32 tooth...

I also have a walk around/exhaust video.

Last edited by dcp1992; 10-14-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Fixed pictures
Old 10-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Seasoned Member

Well I have another update. Yeah, slow updates, but hey like I said, I'm in college. Not much time to do anything. Anyway, I did get an 1" drill bit for my rear D-ring holes, but I haven't drilled them out yet. I also got a free, never used, 31x10.50 for a 15" rim from a guy my dad works with that was on his Wrangler. It is the stock spare tire (TJ I think) and I mounted it on my Spare tire rim. Then the first of two installs I've done is that I also got new door speakers, finally. With the audio setup I have, those Sony's sucked because the tweeters weren't separate from the woofer. So, for $115 at Sonic Electronix I picked up some Kicker KS6.2 Component Speakers. They are a 6" woofer with a 1" tweeter. Then I put my 5 1/4 Sony's in the roof to replace my stock speakers, had to make an adapter plate because that hole is big enough to fit a 6", even a 6 1/2", without cutting and the Sony was too small. I put the tweeters for the Kickers by the door handle. Here is some pictures that install.

The box.

Driver side crossover.

Cutting for tweeter.

Grinding the back to fit the Tweeter clamp screw.

Passenger Crossover

Installed and finished.

Here is one of my rear speakers adapter rings I had to make to fit my Sony's in the rear.

Here is the adapter ring put on and the finished product.

Now the good stuff, the second install. Back in July Mile Marker started a contest on their Facebook page called "Winch ME! Video Contest" for people to post a video of there Truck/Jeep/SUV stuck to have a chance to win a prize pack that included a Mile Marker SEC8 winch, a Universal Mount, a Off-Recovery Kit, and a wireless remote. The contest entries want all through July, voting was throughout August, and the winner announced September 1. I wasn't expecting to win, not at all, but I did, and i got the stuff yesterday. Witch I wasn't expecting to get something I won that quick, but I'm glad I did. Here is the pictures of when I got it, of what I got, and the install. The only thing I have to do though is try to find a way to move the solenoid box back so i can use the wired connection. I can use the wireless fine because I installed a pigtail that came with the kit, but the top bar of the brush guard covers my wired plug, and I have to re mount my Hellas.

What was by the garage when I got come from classes. The Universal Mount.

The Recovery kit. 20,000 lb ****** block, 2 D-rings, gloves, tow strap, and a bag/cable weight

Wireless remote.

The winch box itself, it even came with a hat.

The solenoid

The roller, hook with winch mounting bolts, and wired remote.

The winch itself

Took off my Hellas

Cut and ground down my bottom bar on my brush guard, and then painted it.

Painted my not-so-forgotten winch plate that I got when I bought the bumper 2.5 years ago.

Took apart the Solenoid box to attach the waterproof wireless remote pigtail.

All mounted up, and i didn't get a picture, but the top bar is blocking the wired remote plug, have to see if I can fabricate something to move the solenoid box back so I can use it.

My front end dropped 1/4" to 1/2" with the winch on. It was 37", with the winch it's about 36 3/4" to 36 1/2." the winch is 90 lbs.

All mounted and bolts tightened up.

The recovery kit all in it's bag/wire weight.... drape... thing...

Well that crosses the winch off my list now, so far, the future planes are.
Finish rear bumper/tire carrier
Diff covers, especially a rear one so I can have a bolt and not a rubber plug
Long arm upgrade
Longer coils to try for 6-6.5" lift (starting to think more toward 5.5-6" cause I'll need a to do an front axle swap for 35s and idk if I really want 35s.)
Shackle relocation
Maybe add more leafs to my Bastard pack or just get whole new leafs
4 rear TJ flares (cheaper than bushwackers but still look good.) (Plans changed... as mentioned above... Wanting to build some metal flat flares-10/19/2015)
4.56 gears/lockers front and rear (probably going to be my next big item, but $2700, it might be a while)
ZJ disc brakes
33" tires
Longer/custom bump stops/limiting straps
Upgraded injectors
Hypertech Programmer
Dual battery
SYE
Possibly some 1/4 panel armor
Black 'Street beadlocks' (Plans changed... as mentioned above-10/19/2015)

That's all for now, will update when I get something.

Last edited by dcp1992; 10-19-2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Fixed pictures
Old 10-31-2012, 12:18 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L Straight 6

I wish I had your wiring skills. My speakers blow. My drivers side door speakers wiring is all corroaded and I don't know how to redo the wiring. And damn ur lucky..
Old 10-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Future
I wish I had your wiring skills. My speakers blow. My drivers side door speakers wiring is all corroaded and I don't know how to redo the wiring. And damn ur lucky..
Yeah, I guess I'm just gifted. You can give me pretty much anything electrical and I can hook it up, it might take me a some time if I've never done it before, but I would be able to do it. I usually do all the wiring on my friends vehicles too, anything from stereos, subs, lights, CBs, anything... I also help a lot on mechanical stuff too. I can pretty much do anything on a vehicle.

Yeah, i guess I am. I've been wanting a winch since before I got the bumper I got 2-1/2 years ago, which is why I played a little bit more and got the winch bumper instead of a standard steel tube bumper. Just haven't had the money to afford in that time, so getting one free was great, I can use that money to put towards some injectors.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:10 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L Straight 6

Originally Posted by dcp1992

Yeah, I guess I'm just gifted. You can give me pretty much anything electrical and I can hook it up, it might take me a some time if I've never done it before, but I would be able to do it. I usually do all the wiring on my friends vehicles too, anything from stereos, subs, lights, CBs, anything... I also help a lot on mechanical stuff too. I can pretty much do anything on a vehicle.

Yeah, i guess I am. I've been wanting a winch since before I got the bumper I got 2-1/2 years ago, which is why I played a little bit more and got the winch bumper instead of a standard steel tube bumper. Just haven't had the money to afford in that time, so getting one free was great, I can use that money to put towards some injectors.
Yeah I just got a free winch to but the free spool clutch is locked up.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Future
Yeah I just got a free winch to but the free spool clutch is locked up.
Well, the only way to fix that is to take the winch apart and clean it all out and see if it's just locked up, or if something is broke and see how much that part would be online (and get it, if not too expensive). Then put it back together and see if it works. I did that to an old Warn 2k ATV winch I got for free months ago. Only thing that was a matter with it was mud caked in the motor, cleaned it all out and completely disassembled it (motor and clutch side) and put new grease in it and siliconed it up and it works like new. Just need to get a solenoid/switch kit for it and put it on my for wheeler.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Seasoned Member

Well, it's been a little over a month with no update, guess I'm just a little lazy at posting. Been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks. Anyway, I guess I'll just post a couple of old pictures I found on my Cell phone before I post any updated stuff.

Old pictures of my Jeep (about a year or more old) Still had 3" ProComp lift on it. This was back at one place me and a friend used to go trail riding, but it ended up getting really rutted up and then it got fenced in so we stopped going.

Now here is a couple of pictures of me at Brunswick Bottoms from about 4 months ago in August. Was following my friend in his '78 Bronco and he ended up going the wrong way, so I started to back out and ended up sliding into a hole... needless to say, I was stuck. With no lockers, the wheel that was pretty much off the ground and the wheel in the hole was the only two spinning. ended up getting a come-along and hooked it to my hitch and a tree to pull me out.

Also have some tire rash and the Red Letter on one of my tire is starting to peal.

Now onto an actual Update. I used some 1/4" angle I had left from building my Rock sliders and build some tabs and welded them to my brush guard so I could have my Hella 500FF lights back.

Marked and cut the steel.

Measured, cut, and drilled the tabs to fit my lights and the brush guard.

Started prepping the area for welding. Covered the body and winch from spatter with my floor mats.

Then I welded them.

Then I used the boxes I got my winch stuff in to cover my winch and the body of the Jeep from me painting the tabs.

All mounted and wired up.

I also got a Smittybilt Clinometer and put it on my dash.

Also the first time I used my winch to pull out a friend who decided he was going to go in the, logged, pines behind my house... in his 2wd Mazda truck.
img]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5820/21786004720_c377f142ac_b.jpg[/img]

Also I got some wheeling videos of me wheeling in the pines behind my house. (same day as picture above, it was in November) Used 2wd except when I spun and then I used 4H... wish I used 4L though. I went back there later in the day to see if the 4 Runner was still there and I used 4L one time when I got jammed up... It made a world of difference. I barely hit the gas and I jumped out of the jam I was in. Love the torque of the 4.0 with the NP231 4L.

Then my friend got me a new rim the I could use as my spare tire rim. It is a Ion Alloy 174 with all the same specs as my DC-2 rims, plus it is lighter than my stock steel rim. Barely any damage too, only a small nick. (have to look hard to find it) He got it from work off a insurance replacement for a TJ. (he works at a body shop) I like the Ion Alloy 174 better than the DC-2 wheels I got, but I'm not getting new rims until I get 33s and the new ones will be 15x10.

And finally...I hit 170k miles! Still running strong too. Next oil change I'll be replacing the rear main seal and that is pretty much the only leak it has, besides the Camshaft Position Sensor O-ring. (already replaced the Oil filter o-rings, and the front axle pinion seal. Also I need to take the transfer case apart and re-seal it. Looks like one of the previous owners (I'm the 3rd I think, if not the 2nd) had it either rebuild or something, because it has always had a alight leaked where the case halves go together, plus you can tell it's not a stock sealant)

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll have a update next week for the things I get for Christmas and then another one with when I get the things installed. That is... if I get things for my Jeep for Christmas.

Last edited by dcp1992; 10-19-2015 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Fixed pictures

Quick Reply: 2000 Cherokee Sport