Land Use Forum Utilize this forum to talk about our current and future land issues. Help keep the trails clean and open.

Rubicon Trail Needs YOUR Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Rubicon Trail Needs YOUR Help!

On Thursday, April 23rd the California Water Quality Control Board is having a public hearing in Rancho Cordova to finalize their decision on closing the Rubicon Trail.

JPFreek Adventure Magazine is asking each of you on behalf of the National Off-Road Association - www.nora-usa.com - who are within driving distance of Sacramento to attend this important public hearing. Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) enthusiasts need to show the Water Board the overwhelming public support to keep the Rubicon Trail open year-round. NORA's goal is to have over (500) OHV enthusiasts present at this public hearing.

This is serious. On April 1st of this year, the United States Forest Service issued a 2-year temporary closure of the very popular Tellico OHV Area in North Carolina. Help Rubicon from turning into a Tellico type situation by showing your support on April 23rd.

Assemblyman Ted Gaines and a representative from Congressman Tom McClintock's office will be in attendance, as well as Off-Road Hall of Famer, Mark A. Smith. Local Sacramento news media will also be covering this historic event.

Please call or email Erin Lara, Member Services Director at NORA to let her know if you are able to attend as we are trying to obtain a head count. She can be reached at (530) 333-1487, ext. 1 or info@nora-usa.com. If the Rubicon Trail is closed, even temporarily this go-around, this will not only set a precedent for the permanent future of the Rubicon but also every other publicly-owned land access point throughout the United States. THIS IS CRITICAL!

Meeting Place and Time

Location - 11020 Sun Center Drive # 200; Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

Date & Time - Thursday, April 23rd @ 12:30 PM
This email was sent by JPFreek Adventure Magazine, P.O. Box 864, Houston, Texas 77001, using Express Email Marketing. You subscribed to this permission-based list on 12/30/2008.

Express Email Marketing supports permission-based email marketing. You can change your preferences (http://app.expressemailmarketing.com...556&SFID=31683) or unsubscribe (http://app.expressemailmarketing.com...paignId=364556) from this mailing list at any time.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

if it was not so far from me i would go i hate stuff like this all because of the couple of jerks who cant behave on the trails
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 92
Engine: worn out

Originally Posted by a1racer
if it was not so far from me i would go i hate stuff like this all because of the couple of jerks who cant behave on the trails
You can always financially support causes that you are unable to support in person.

I know of one big XJ website who does support the trails and organizations who help keep those trails open. Maybe your money and time are better spent elsewhere than at CherokeeForum?
Old 05-21-2009, 06:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by gaibertard
You can always financially support causes that you are unable to support in person.

I know of one big XJ website who does support the trails and organizations who help keep those trails open. Maybe your money and time are better spent elsewhere than at CherokeeForum?
Hmmm and where might that be

Old 05-21-2009, 07:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 90
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by gaibertard

Its not one big XJ website. Its the largest XJ specific club.. that owns a very popular XJ specific website.

But you are exactly correct....