V.A. Cherokee Club - Page 5 - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Mid Atlantic West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina

V.A. Cherokee Club

Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 PM
  #61  
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: doswell va
Posts: 391
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Andrew from doswell here. (i know we had this conversationn but i figured what the hell)

toogreat is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:05 AM
  #62  
Junior Member
 
02tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Warrenton Va
Posts: 62
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4pointslow
Default

Originally Posted by deftrip View Post
Another here from Woodbridge. Pretty new to the area and still hoping to find these trails in Woodbridge...PLZ tell me.LOL ! Would love a M&G and maybe some wheeling with y'all.

[IMG][/IMG]
holy crap. thats my old xj!!!! call me Ill pm you my number! no carpet right???
02tj is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 AM
  #63  
Newbie
 
deftrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Yep no carpet in it.
deftrip is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 02:26 PM
  #64  
CF Veteran
Thread Starter
 
aquickmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,635
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Im headed to Shoe Creek on 9/11 which is Sunday. Im just going down for the day so i'll be heading out early in the morning do some wheeling and then head home later that evening. So if anybody would like to join me we can meet up somewhere down there near the Trail entrance or anywhere else for the ride down to Shoe Creek. I know its kinda last minute but if nobody else has any other plans then the more there to wheel with the better. It kinda sucks wheeling alone. But it does beat being at home with a House FULL OF WOMEN. My wife is having a Tupperware party so gonna be alot of women there and thats why I've decided to go wheeling that day. So if anybody else would like to go just post up and let me know.
aquickmopar is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 03:33 PM
  #65  
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: doswell va
Posts: 391
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

i would looooove to go but idk if my jeep is trail worthy yet :'(
toogreat is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 04:03 PM
  #66  
CF Veteran
Thread Starter
 
aquickmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,635
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by toogreat View Post
i would looooove to go but idk if my jeep is trail worthy yet :'(
Hey man, actually Shoe Creek trail is stocker friendly, I was there for a trail clean up and a stock 2wd went through the whole trail. He had a few hang ups but did get through the whole trail ok. So you would actually be ok. And would give you a chance to see what your cherokee can do stock so you know your limitations, and then you can figure out how you want to build your rig.
aquickmopar is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 09:06 PM
  #67  
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: doswell va
Posts: 391
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

hmmmm..... im super intrested... where is shoe creek? like how far away from Short Pump Mall?
toogreat is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 09:56 PM
  #68  
CF Veteran
Thread Starter
 
aquickmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,635
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by toogreat View Post
hmmmm..... im super intrested... where is shoe creek? like how far away from Short Pump Mall?
Shoe creek is in Amherst county I think? Its down near Lynchburg

Probably an hour and 15 min. Away from short pump mall Give or take.

From my house shoe creek is 2 Hours away.

And im approximately 45 min. Away from short pump mall.
aquickmopar is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 12:06 PM
  #69  
Member
 
BIGMAN_01_XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: richmond, va
Posts: 217
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l
Default Mechanicsville, Va

hey guys! my name is Stephen. I live in Mechanicsville, Va. yeah i know. a ways away. but everyone around here seems not so organized and there are no meets or anything.. just wanted to inroduce myself and if yall ever want any company let me know!
Attached Thumbnails V.A. Cherokee Club-photo.jpg  
Attached Images  
BIGMAN_01_XJ is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 07:35 PM
  #70  
Senior Member
 
xjtrailrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Roanoke VA
Posts: 647
Model: Cherokee
Default Checking in from Roanoke

Yep, I know, I'm 4 hours away but I occasionally get up to your area and my son just moved from Herndon to Myrtle Beach today.

I have wheeled at Flagpole with some of my Commander friends and I have been to Shoe Creek many years ago(I'm old so I forget!)

I would like to wheel the GWNF more as long as its legal. It seems the trails aren't marked as well up there as they are down here in JNF.

Here are some poser shots from atop Flagpole.


xjtrailrider is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 PM
  #71  
CF Veteran
Thread Starter
 
aquickmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,635
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by BIGMAN_01_XJ View Post
hey guys! my name is Stephen. I live in Mechanicsville, Va. yeah i know. a ways away. but everyone around here seems not so organized and there are no meets or anything.. just wanted to inroduce myself and if yall ever want any company let me know!

Hey man welcome, thanks for bringing this thread back to life. I forgot all about it. I got really busy and completely forgot that I started it. I need to pick a weekend to do a meet and great.



Originally Posted by xjtrailrider View Post
Yep, I know, I'm 4 hours away but I occasionally get up to your area and my son just moved from Herndon to Myrtle Beach today.

I have wheeled at Flagpole with some of my Commander friends and I have been to Shoe Creek many years ago(I'm old so I forget!)

I would like to wheel the GWNF more as long as its legal. It seems the trails aren't marked as well up there as they are down here in JNF.

Here are some poser shots from atop Flagpole.



Hey man welcome, ya you are a bit out of the way. but if your ever in the area hit some of us locals up just shoot a PM my why.
aquickmopar is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 08:10 PM
  #72  
Senior Member
 
xjtrailrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Roanoke VA
Posts: 647
Model: Cherokee
Default

Originally Posted by aquickmopar View Post
Hey man welcome, ya you are a bit out of the way. but if your ever in the area hit some of us locals up just shoot a PM my why.
I'll do that. Most times when I'm up that way I'm in my Commander or the 90XJ, neither of which I wheel other than snow. NOVA is a haul in the trail rig with 35's/4.88's and locked/locked but it will make it for a wheelin trip.

I gotta ask, how do you all live in that rat race up there! The people are so thick you can't stir them with a stick. A traffic jamb in Roanoke is when there are more than four cars at a red light. NOVA is just insane!
xjtrailrider is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 PM
  #73  
Seasoned Member
 
Bohnett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 390
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Rofl....I live up here in NOVA and go wheelin in PA. I'd you guys want to meet up somewhere in between let me know.
Bohnett is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 09:11 PM
  #74  
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: doswell va
Posts: 391
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

hey Stephen i used to live in mechanicsville do we know eachother lol?
toogreat is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 09:34 PM
  #75  
CF Veteran
Thread Starter
 
aquickmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,635
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by xjtrailrider View Post
I'll do that. Most times when I'm up that way I'm in my Commander or the 90XJ, neither of which I wheel other than snow. NOVA is a haul in the trail rig with 35's/4.88's and locked/locked but it will make it for a wheelin trip.

I gotta ask, how do you all live in that rat race up there! The people are so thick you can't stir them with a stick. A traffic jamb in Roanoke is when there are more than four cars at a red light. NOVA is just insane!
Lol..... ya i try to stay below Stafford because of that reason. But every now and then i have to go up to Woodbridge, Manasass, & Clifton area for work. And man do i hate the northern traffic. Heck I can hardly stand Rt.3 traffic here in Fredericksburg .
aquickmopar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: V.A. Cherokee Club


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: