Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Gone Wheeling

Well I wil be away from the comp for a few days. Going to Big dogs to try out the doubler.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

have fun and get some pics/vid for us to see!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Year: 00
Engine: I-6

Yea pong bring back some Vids of that slow mover
Old 08-15-2010, 06:29 PM
CF Veteran

Well I cant say enough about this event. It was truly an awesome experience. Unfortunately I didnt take any pics.

Woody and myself rolled out there late thursday, and got set up. We were in camp 4 site 7 which was nice and secluded, and a quiet site. The event really started on Fri. Of course it was raining when it started. Woody guided us on thursday. We ran Wahoo, and a few other trails. We started run run Corum, when things started to go bad. Woody's tracker started to have issues. His front locker was suspect... and was broken. Then he seperated his muffler from his ride. Next I dont know the guys name (sorry) but his front axle broke at the yoke. Then I peeled my dif cover... big thanks to Jazzy jeff for beating it back with a rock and lug wrench.

I ended up buying a new diff cover from Matz Unique jeep who was a title sponsor as well as the onsite rolling shop.

Well saturday we had a quide who does rock racing at Rausch. Jim and his wife were great. We covered a lot of trails and just had a great time. High light were me hitting a few trees and showing what an XJ can do. Also Bill Raft had a nice tippy sitaution on corum. I think the best was the alt line we had to take cause of a tree blocking the trail and watching ppl throttle down. That was pretty much the end of trail ridding.

Sat night activities. In the Turtle crawl I took 2 place. A toy with dual cases was a touch slower then I was, but that is when the fun started. The had a small rock crawsling comp. I ended up entering in class 1. I was put against 5 other rigs, which were mostly toy/zuki based rides, all on 36+ tires. I ended up going first Talk about good spotting. I young guy name Bill from Matz Unique jeeps was my spotter. Talk about a good time. I had a lil issue getting up on it, and had to do a rear tire burn to pivot... and then 1st gear lo lo and throttle down.. and I was over, but I hit one cone. The other rigs all hit at least 2 cones or exceeded 3 back ups, but since all the rigs made it.. they re set the cones running from the other way.

Talk about an insane thing. It was under cut then had a nasty v-notch on the other side. Well the nasty v-notch did me inI ended up breaking my chromo stub shaft, pigeon toeing my steering, as well as craking my steering knuckle It took Stan Brelowski and his 7000# rig to extract me. I also grenaded my harmonic Balancer I guess bouncing off the rev limiter trting tto get traction was a bad thing

I am sure some one got pics and wil post them.... the one video I seen of the first run was sick

I am comp dumb.. so I can txt vid to someone ot post
Old 08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
CF Veteran

Damage is worse then I thought. I stil havent looked into the rear diff yet.
The tire is pointed in, and cocked sideways a lil

Here you can see the rotor is not at the same angle of the brakes

Broken stub shaft and part of the unit bearinga and rotor

How the stub broke off

The inner splines twisted too and look like they were about to break

I also pulled the drivers side.. and it too is broken on the inner shaft:shocker: I guess low gearing and locker makes things go Boom

I see some d44's in my future