North Atlantic Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC

Free Stuff near Allentown...from a '95 Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Free Stuff near Allentown...from a '95 Cherokee...ALL GONE>>>>>>

ALL GONE>>>>

Gone....

Gone...

Listed this on Craigslist and no bites...so maybe someone here wants it before I trash it....

Must take everything (that's the only catch...)..

New rear brake Shoes (for just ONE side...when I got it, one side was completely worn, and the other the caliper had frozen..and there was NO wear on those shoes, so I replaced the caliper and left the old shoes on...so I have ONE side's brake shoes)...these are for the standard (not police) drums.

Passenger Side Power Mirror...someone hit my daughter's car in the parking lot. Have a replacement (used, I think it's red, but can be painted to match your car easily enough...it's only the leading part that's red...Paid $35 on Ebay and never opened the box as it was totaled shortly after that)...also have a spare 'frame' (broken down, no glass, but the motor should be fine) from the driver's side...took the base out of that and drilled/fitted it to the broken off mirror to keep it in place until I got the replacement...

Passenger Side Front 'Marker' light lens...also new from Ebay ($15) in an unopened box. That's the tall one next to the headlight at the corner of the car.

Jeep Steering Wheel cover (thick, black, Jeep Logo slip on...used for 1 week...before, yep...you guessed it...it was totaled). About $15 on Amazon.

Old (frozen) Alternator from when I got the jeep. Could easily be rebuilt or even as a core swap without the hassles of taking your old one out to go to the parts store....

Old PCM (Powertrain Control Module)...or ECM, or "Brain". This one sort of works. The Jeep (auto trans, 6 cyl) had a very minor hesitation (almost like a 'burp') occasionally...couldn't pin it down....no error codes, etc....finally replaced the PCM. In researching after that...it's almost undoubtedly the Capacitors in it. There's a fix (on the internet)...you buy 3 cheap replacement capacitors at Radio Shack, open the case, cut through the 'goop' (sealant around the electronics...the 3 capacitors are visible in it), remove the old, solder in the new and re-seal.

Old Jeep Speakers...don't know if they work..the stereo never worked in the old jeep anyway....don't know if they're factory or not.

NP 242 transfer case (chain skips). Swapped for a 231 when I got it. Very easy rebuild if you're so inclined...even if not, it's heavy...you could probably sell it for the metal scrap value..and get just as much as I'm asking for everything....

Last edited by AFARR; 10-26-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

I'm from kutztown I'll take it if it's still available