Anyone in the central Florida area - Page 25 - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > Wheeling Neighborhoods > Southeast
Anyone in the central Florida area >

Anyone in the central Florida area

Southeast Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

Anyone in the central Florida area

Reply

 
 
 
Old 04-01-2018, 04:07 AM
  #361  
Someone stole my badge!
 
Basslicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 11,137
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

Originally Posted by RHCC View Post
Question about the title for the white jeep. I never went in to get the new title after I bought it and finally did the other week. The seller just filled out her name and signed it so I was going to fill out everything else myself. I went up blank however and the lady at the tag office said I couldn't fill it out in front of her. Now she's making me get a bill of sale from the seller and she has to fill it out and blah blah.


So my question is, is there any reason to transfer the title if I'm just going to strip it and scrap it? I feel like there's no point and I could save money not paying the taxes.
Nope. As long as the junk yard has the title and it's signed, they couldn't care less.

Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post
Yes going direct to the speedway.

I'm on my way to New Port Richey now for the weekend.
Hmmmmm... might have to meet you outside. Don't know if I can scrape the money up to pay for a day this year. They pulled the overtime rug out from underneath us.
Basslicks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:12 AM
  #362  
CF Admin
 
Outlaw Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lantana, Fl
Posts: 33,027
Year: 1987
Model: Comanche
Engine: 2.9L Stroker
Default

Originally Posted by Basslicks View Post
Nope. As long as the junk yard has the title and it's signed, they couldn't care less.Hmmmmm... might have to meet you outside. Don't know if I can scrape the money up to pay for a day this year. They pulled the overtime rug out from underneath us.
You want to go for the day to socialize and take the kids? If so, I got you and the family covered as spectators are only 10 bucks.

Anyone else?
Outlaw Star is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:47 PM
  #363  
Someone stole my badge!
 
Basslicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 11,137
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post
You want to go for the day to socialize and take the kids? If so, I got you and the family covered as spectators are only 10 bucks.
Sounds good, brother. Thanks
Basslicks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:43 PM
  #364  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 49
Model: Cherokee
Default

Anybody running on board air? Got a 150psi viair compressor and 5 gallon tank from a train horn setup that was on a truck at work. Looking to get some ideas on tank locations, etc.
Quickbird144 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:09 PM
  #365  
Someone stole my badge!
 
Basslicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 11,137
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

Originally Posted by Quickbird144 View Post
Anybody running on board air? Got a 150psi viair compressor and 5 gallon tank from a train horn setup that was on a truck at work. Looking to get some ideas on tank locations, etc.
I don't personally, but one of our members' former XJ had this as his setup...

Basslicks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:59 PM
  #366  
Seasoned Member
 
Joshua White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Clearwater FL
Posts: 271
Default

Been a while guys, had some issues getting logged back in with the Google Login.

Hope all is well with ya'll. We upgraded our family hauler last weekend, which gets the wife into something newer and nicer. That leaves me with the old "soccer mom" car for the time being but soon it'll be paid down enough to sell it and buy an XJ, can't wait to get back into a Jeep...it's been way to long.








Last edited by Joshua White; 04-11-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Joshua White is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:18 PM
  #367  
Someone stole my badge!
 
Basslicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 11,137
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

^^So does that mean you're in the Nissan now? Who's driving the Cooper?
Basslicks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:35 PM
  #368  
Seasoned Member
 
Joshua White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Clearwater FL
Posts: 271
Default

The Cooper is being replaced by the Nissan, I'm driving our 2006 Rav4, the wife is driving the Nissan.

The Cooper is a ton of fun but a finicky little *****
Joshua White is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:09 PM
  #369  
CF Admin
 
Outlaw Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lantana, Fl
Posts: 33,027
Year: 1987
Model: Comanche
Engine: 2.9L Stroker
Default

Who's going to Jeep Beach to be social?!
Outlaw Star is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:56 PM
  #370  
Someone stole my badge!
 
Basslicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 11,137
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

Originally Posted by Joshua White View Post
The Cooper is being replaced by the Nissan, I'm driving our 2006 Rav4, the wife is driving the Nissan.

The Cooper is a ton of fun but a finicky little *****
Ah okay... Yeah that's a bit of a bummer. The Rav4 is a good car, but has exactly zero soul.

Originally Posted by Outlaw Star View Post
Who's going to Jeep Beach to be social?!
This guy.
Basslicks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:19 AM
  #371  
Seasoned Member
 
Joshua White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Clearwater FL
Posts: 271
Default

Originally Posted by Basslicks View Post
The Rav4 is a good car, but has exactly zero soul.
I'd agree with this, it's served us well but isn't anything special. I'll be replacing the Rav with an XJ hopefully in the next six months and then we're golden!

Side note - the AWD V6 Rav4 of the same generation is surprisingly quick, fun little sleeper car and with a few touches doesn't look half bad either. It's like Toyota at the time said "lets put our big V6 in a family car and see if anyone notices"
Joshua White is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:02 PM
  #372  
Someone stole my badge!
 
Basslicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 11,137
Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default

Originally Posted by Joshua White View Post
Side note - the AWD V6 Rav4 of the same generation is surprisingly quick, fun little sleeper car and with a few touches doesn't look half bad either. It's like Toyota at the time said "lets put our big V6 in a family car and see if anyone notices"
HAHA! That's pretty cool. I relate that to the 3.5 liter v6 in the LH platform cars (Chrysler LHS, Concorde, 300m, and Dodge Intrepid).... people see our 300m as an old granny car. They don't expect there to be 255 ponies under the hood of it
Basslicks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:03 PM
  #373  
CF Veteran
 
CoffeeCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,524
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.6 Re-Built Golen, 68-200-4 Comp Cam
Default

Originally Posted by Joshua White View Post
Been a while guys, had some issues getting logged back in with the Google Login.

Hope all is well with ya'll. We upgraded our family hauler last weekend, which gets the wife into something newer and nicer. That leaves me with the old "soccer mom" car for the time being but soon it'll be paid down enough to sell it and buy an XJ, can't wait to get back into a Jeep...it's been way to long.







That new Cherokee looks more and more like an asian SUV the more I see it.
CoffeeCommando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:27 AM
  #374  
Seasoned Member
 
Joshua White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Clearwater FL
Posts: 271
Default

Originally Posted by CoffeeCommando View Post
That new Cherokee looks more and more like an asian SUV the more I see it.
It sure does, but in the end I think the new Cherokee looks a bit better than the Pathfinder we got. Sadly it's just to small, otherwise we would have considered it for sure.
Joshua White is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:24 PM
  #375  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 8
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default

Tampa here
FLXJ is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone in the central Florida area


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: