Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:19 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Attention all Chicagoland Jeepers

Hello all, just wanted to stop by and send out an invite to all Jeepers in the chicagoland and surrounding areas. Myself, along with 2 friends have started a new offroad club, we call ourselves Down and Dirty or D&D. We are open to all 4x4 owners. We are having a meet and greet on April 11th, 2009 at Famous Freddies in Mount Prospect, Ill., at 3pm. It is a bar but dont worry if you are under 21, you are alright until 8pm. Anyways, just wanted to stop by and let everyone know, hopefully I see some CherokeeForum.com guys come and check us out. Any questions feel free to pm or email me at bigdodgeram00@yahoo.com, thanks.

APRIL 11TH, 2009
3PM
FAMOUS FREDDIE'S, MOUNT PROSPECT, IL
DOWN AND DIRTY'S MEET AND GREET

Old 02-22-2009, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats about 40 miles away from me. I live in Gurnee

So you have a website/myspace/facebook setup?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 90
Engine: 4.0

There was a Down and Dirty club... or some variation of that name a few years ago.. Are you related to that group???
Old 02-23-2009, 02:04 AM
CF Veteran

To answer your question whowey, there was a down and dirty club in Michigan. One of the original members is in the club and with my help and 2 other buddies, we are starting the club up again. We are looking for new members who enjoy the same thing we do, offroading, meeting new people, learning new things, and enjoying the outdoors. Like I wrote before we are having a meet and greet on April 11th, 2009 at 3pm, at Famous Freddies in Mount Prospect, ILL. Website should be up soon. Any other questions please feel free to leave a reply or send me a pm. Thanks.

Matt
Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 AM

Location: tan house white shutters key's under the flower pot
Year: 1996

how about some info on your approach to the sport. what you guys want out of the club, and what you promote, and do not promote.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:01 PM
CF Veteran

Well our approach to the sport or how I like to look at, the community of off roading would be simple to explain, we promote a safe off roading environment, family orientated, willing to help members and future members with vehicle build ups and the opportunity to meet new people and learn from other people's experiences. To help in the community and show that we as offroaders are responsible people. What Down and Dirty does not promote is the misuse of private property for off roading, basically in a nut shell, we as a club Tread Lightly. The "gas pedal" or "tear it up", need not apply. We basically are looking for a group of people who enjoy everything we do when it comes to off roading and the outdoors, and as a father I would like to have a club that like said before is family orientated. Thats the basic guidelines why myself along with 3 other buddies wanted to start this club.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:03 PM

sounds pretty good. i think thats a little far for me, not sure. i konw some people that want to get a club going because my old club 4play 4 wheelers has disbanded, and the only club around is firewalkers.

got an address for this meet and greet?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:22 PM
CF Veteran

Yeah, I should probably have put that too, so here it is.

Down and Dirty
Meet and Greet
April, 11th, 2009
3pm
Famous Freddie's
1805 S Busse Rd
Mt Prospect, IL 60056

We are hoping for a good turn out. All are welcomed to come and check out the club. Thanks

Old 02-24-2009, 01:53 AM
CF Veteran

Bump, why not huh?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: 4.0 H.O. I6

I'm definately thinking about coming, maybe bad00ss and a couple others i know from around here will putt our cherokees into the big city and see what happens!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by BigCountry96
I'm definately thinking about coming, maybe bad00ss and a couple others i know from around here will putt our cherokees into the big city and see what happens!

Are you from out this way????? Im south of Rockford....
Old 02-24-2009, 08:00 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Moparboy01
Well our approach to the sport or how I like to look at, the community of off roading would be simple to explain, we promote a safe off roading environment, family orientated, willing to help members and future members with vehicle build ups and the opportunity to meet new people and learn from other people's experiences. To help in the community and show that we as offroaders are responsible people. What Down and Dirty does not promote is the misuse of private property for off roading, basically in a nut shell, we as a club Tread Lightly. The "gas pedal" or "tear it up", need not apply. We basically are looking for a group of people who enjoy everything we do when it comes to off roading and the outdoors, and as a father I would like to have a club that like said before is family orientated. Thats the basic guidelines why myself along with 3 other buddies wanted to start this club.

I just wondered as the other club kinda embarrassed themselves with a portion of the Chicago-area wheelers with their "American-made" only posturing. They were spouting it on the old Chicago 4x4, which had people with all kinds of wheeling trucks. During the time that Jeep was a German owned brand....

Your from the G-K area?? Man there are getting to be a few people out here... I live over in western Ogle county...
Old 02-25-2009, 02:23 AM
CF Veteran

*Bigcountry, thanks for the support, hope to see and your friends at the meet and greet.
*whowey, in response to you, I know what you mean, but honestly, myself and the 3 other gentlemen I started the club with are just looking to get a club started that people can have fun in, learn new things, and are able to look at everyone in the group and see that no matter where you live, whether its in the city or in the town of Genoa, we are here to show the outside community that we arent a bunch of guys who go through people's front lawns at 3 in the morning to show up for work the next day and say that "we went mudding". I knew of a club that was filled with nothing but a bunch of "street queens", and though there is nothing wrong with the "street queens" (I don't get it, but thats just me), they considered themselves "offroaders" and pretty much went against everything that Tread Lighty talks about with responsible wheeling. I have always wanted to have a family friendly club and due to the fact that a part of my life circles around 4-wheeling, I figured I would start one. Hope that sort of explains it to you, if I am way off subject, let me know. Hope to see you at the Meet and Greet though. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 PM

1 hr drive, little to far for me. good luck with the club though.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:51 AM
CF Veteran

Its not as bad as it seems, its about an hour drive for me as well, but if you dont take the highway and you take route 72 all the way there, its a nice drive but thanks for the support, maybe you could meet us out at Cliff's.

Quick Reply: Attention all Chicagoland Jeepers