Four Corners Colorado, New Mexico, Utah & Arizona

tucson shops for wiring? old jeep specific (85 2.5L carbureted XJ)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default tucson shops for wiring? old jeep specific (85 2.5L carbureted XJ)

Anyone have any recommendations for shops in Tucson, specifically for help with wiring issues? I have a 85 2.5L carbureted XJ, so it's been difficult to find parts/find similar vehicles to compare/get advice.

You can read more about my issues with car here:
https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/ele...2/#post3322479
Basically wires are just melting out and fusible links that I can't figure out where to buy/how to replace, what is causing the issues, I ripped out the badly attached trailer hitch light wiring and replaced a fuel pump but still have a 1) relay and pigtails that can't find replacement parts for, and 2) some sort of vacuum solenoid mess that had melting wires too

I am also willing to get towed to Phoenix in the worst case if there is a great shop up there.. Pretty broke but running out of options, and car hasn't been running for over a month now, pretty frustrated
Old 11-14-2016, 01:20 PM

Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0

Let me do some asking around, I do my own work so not really sure who to refer you to. What kind of time frame and money are you hoping for?
Old 11-14-2016, 01:42 PM

ideally as soon as possible, I have been on and off working on it and it hasn't been running for a month now, ideally before thanksgiving but I should be more realistic probably

as for cost, as low as possible, I'm a student. I just want to fix it up so I can sell it, so under $500 if possible but I don't really know what is reasonable for this, I usually do all my own work so I don't know what shops charge
Old 11-14-2016, 01:47 PM

Try Bullpen garage on Stone. A couple of people mentioned them. If it all strikes out pm me and I can fix your carb you.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:50 PM

Try Bullpen garage on Stone Ave. A few people at work have used them. If everything does not work out I can adjust your carb.