Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 09:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee(ZJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default Google Earth or Maps Finds and discussions

Many of us use Google Earth and/or Maps for looking at places to go, trails, etc. I encourage all of you in the four corners states to post interesting things you want to share with us. It can be anything you find on Google Earth/Maps. This first one is a mystery I am trying to solve, feel free to help me. I will post the video. I follow this channel that explores abandoned places but they almost never tell you where they went or how to get there. They live in Nevada but sometimes do videos in AZ, as this on is. So here is a screen shot of the abandoned "new" houses they found, and the video.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee

Edited to remove an off topic rant that didn't belong here. lol

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 01-23-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:04 AM
CF Veteran

Same here...

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 01-23-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:22 AM
CF Veteran

Here is some of what I like to do with this hobby. I do Satellite Archaeology and am always searching for things possibly undiscovered and then go personally assess them when I can find the time.

Here is one of Circle Stone Ruin right to the East of you there. Can anyone else see a second circle to the right of the known one? I think there is a second unknown wall under the surface there. Juniper don't like to grow where rock is piled too tightly together underground and there is definitely an "unnatural" circle lacking growth there.

Here is a man made wall in the Grand Canyon I found. It was built to direct and funnel game like Deer and Dall sheep (Similar to a Bighorn) around it and into an ambush area at each end.

Looking at the bottom end of this wall shows the game trails being bottle necked into this ambush area when on their way to water at a spring to the right where the trees are. Those same game trails have been used for thousands of years.

Finding this stuff is like a treasure hunt for a historian like myself! And the Jeep is the needed tool to get there! Lol

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 01-19-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:10 AM
CF Veteran

Here's one up around Prescott area that I want to come check out...

Old 01-23-2018, 09:04 AM
CF Veteran

Are you using the old version of earth or the new upgrade pro version that they dumped on me? I liked the old version better.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Are you using the old version of earth or the new upgrade pro version that they dumped on me? I liked the old version better.
I have the new version. I did like the old version too but this is fine.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:42 PM
Seasoned Member

This is an area near me called the pit. Those hill climbs are not that big, but a couple are fairly steep and rutted enough to flex the suspension pretty good. Sure beats crawlin' the mall. LOL.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:10 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by StealthyMcStealth
This is an area near me called the pit. Those hill climbs are not that big, but a couple are fairly steep and rutted enough to flex the suspension pretty good. Sure beats crawlin' the mall. LOL.

Good enough for a little fun!
Old 01-24-2018, 05:16 AM
CF Veteran

I have the new version. I did like the old version too but this is fine.
Yeah it works, but it doesn't fill completely and leaves digital blank pixel areas and spots. Especially over water or some flat lands, the old one didn't do that.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:52 AM
CF Veteran

Here's one I have been working on for about 3 months now and opinions would be welcome!

I ran across this while chasing a different possible lead in Turkey and it grabbed me. What has taken me 3 months is the research to find out if there are any known references to this particular location and quite a bit of collaboration with renown experts to get their opinions on it. This location is not too far from an already confirmed advanced civilization that is dated to around 12k BC.

To put this into perspective as for timeline, this is around the same time that ignorant "Cave Brutes" were supposed to have crossed the Bering Land Bridge to migrate into the Americas and the New World. The idea of a highly advanced civilization being in Turkey at the same time "Caveman" entered the Americas don't jive, but that's a different subject.

Anyways I have yet to find any references to this particular location so it has not been studied, explored, or confirmed yet by anyone that I have contacted so far. In sharing this the question has been is it natural or man made. These markings have been made in "Desert Pavement", Desert Pavement is formed from rocks and pebbles settling onto a semi-level surface as the soft sand and dust is rinsed from around them. Then over time, 30k or more it becomes sun baked and turns black where it is exposed.

So to see any lighter areas in an area with desert pavement, means these ares had to have been disturbed in some manner. This can be seen around and next to washes where the incline is substantially more where water can move it, or if it was move by man. All the opinions I have received about this find so far agree that these are uncommon and unusual for natural forces to have manipulated. But in turn I have also received some differences of opinion claiming it is natural.

I know it is out of place for this forum, but thought maybe some of you guys might also have a common interest in these things. So in the spirit of sharing some of what I do with this treasure hunting hobby I wanted to throw these at you guys and see what you think. Natural or manipulated by man?

If this is too out of place for this board, please feel free to remove it as needed.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 249 Likes on 199 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L

Other ones that interest me are the depictions of animals, etc. that are so large that they can truly only be seen from the air. And were done thousands of years ago.

They also believe that they have captured images from the ISS that shows the actual ancient Silk Road.

Last edited by RocketMouse; 01-28-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:02 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by RocketMouse
Other ones that interest me are the depictions of animals, etc. that are so large that they can truly only be seen from the air. And were done thousands of years ago.

They also believe that they have captured images from the ISS that shows the actual ancient Silk Road.
Me too, the Intaglios on the Nazca Plains are cool. And I'm not so sure the ones I posted below are not actually Intaglios and meant to be designs or symbols like at Nazca. Here are a couple I grabbed awhile back of the "Blythe Intaglios". The big question and debate in these are "is it a Horse or a Camel?" This difference would make a huge difference in the dating of these. The long tail is the issue. (of course the outline is a fence to protect these).

Old 01-30-2018, 07:02 PM
Seasoned Member

You have some cool finds for sure Bugout. Care for a challenge? This one is less than 50 miles from me as the crow flies so it should be easy for you. I'm sure you can tell what it is. So... where is it and what company uses it? I find it interesting that facilities like this are normally closed to the public and this one has farms inside of it.

Last edited by StealthyMcStealth; 01-30-2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: More info.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:48 PM
CF Veteran

You have some cool finds for sure Bugout. Care for a challenge? This one is less than 50 miles from me as the crow flies so it should be easy for you. I'm sure you can tell what it is. So... where is it and what company uses it? I find it interesting that facilities like this are normally closed to the public and this one has farms inside of it.

OK you actually threw me for a loop with this one so far because there are more than one tracks like that down there. lol

My kneejerk thought was the ISM/PIR Speedway. But I now think It is one of the Proving grounds, I haven't had a chance to see which one yet but let me try to find it for sure and I will get back to you! You have me curious as hell now. lol

Quick Reply: Google Earth or Maps Finds and discussions